what does the jeep crew think? v/ XJ

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by aim2kill, Jun 5, 2008.

1. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

clean XJ

[​IMG]

2. Mangina

Mangina New Member

Looks alright. A bit trashy. Snorkel = Gay

3. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

meh, im kinda partial to snorkels, but diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.

4. Meph

Meph itchy trigga finga niggas

I like snorkels. Especially when I'm waist deep in a puddle.

5. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240))

Plus the air is cooler up there than under the hood.
    I like it....except for the plastic shit above the windows, never been a fan.

6. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

looks good to me. I like the look of snorkels', especially when you actually need one. If it's just for looks though then I'd say it's a waste of money and fuel efficiency

7. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

um, yea! thats the best time to need one. haha. as long as your electrical / distrobution system is protected, then your ready to go. your exaust pushes enough back pressure to keep water out at an idle, so in most cases it is more than safe when powering through a puddle. (dunno if id run into a waist deep one...) maybe like 2/3 feet....lol

true, cool AND clean air as most road exaust is close to the road.

i am not a fan of the smokers covers, however i had some on my last pickup that couldnt be removed (dumbass superglued them to the seals....wtf right?) and they were handy as hell driving in the rain, i could still run windows down about 2 inches even in a toad strangler.

i like em too, and there easy to justify buying, usually there fairly cheap, (couple hundred bucks depending on model) and even the simple ones increase fuel economy. the snorkel reaches above road exaust and dust to grab clean cool air. not only that, but the forward facing scoop pressurises the air and acts like a ram air. buddys TJ got about 2-3 MPG better after his....seems like a pretty esay way to justify mine with the old lady...:naughty:

8. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

hmmm....I had heard otherwise from people who have used them. Good to hear that they can increase fuel economy on some rigs.

I don't have any personal experience so of course I am just reiterating what I have heard from other people's experiences.

9. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

ehhh ... multimount winch is fagtastic ... bumper is nice, but get a real winch bumper.

rack is gay and so in teh spare on top (60 extra lbs WAAAAYYY up high?? not for wheeling with that COG) .... spares should be low or left at the trailer.

i hate bushwacker flares and i hate snorkles, mud just sucks ahahahh

but on a different note, they do get cleaner air and they do get colder air ... though they dont pressurize the intake enough to matter you fawking idiot.

all in all ... nice jeep minus the gayness ...... could work, but not for me.

10. Meph

Meph itchy trigga finga niggas

I take it you're not an off road guy.

11. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Not a fan of the bushwhackers, winch sticks out too far, needs a dedicated winch bumper so he doesn't lose it on a rock.

12. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

we only have mud in Indiana and where im stationed (MS)
    although over here we have desert and Hummers....:mamoru:

im thinking not. and apparently a funnel pointing forward at highway speeds doesnt pressurise any....:ugh2:

haha, not turning it into a argument, but it seems that faced forward it would have to catch enough air to force, even if not smoothly.

13. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

yeah, judging by the flares and other items, im thinking it doesnt see much rock.

i just saw it as nice cause we only have mud/water where im from, so the winch out front isnt a problem (ugly but not a problem)

14. affende

TJ on 4ds,stretched on 1 tons

:hsugh:

and only 2" of lift :fawk:

all of that shit is pointless for me ... i stated it was my opinion ... i dont expect you to understand it ... i hate mud, but if i get into it, i dont need 6" of flare to keep my rig clean

the rack adds weight up high, and that many lights is overkill unless you rae bombing through the desert at 75 mph

but you're right, i must be an idiot and not know anything about wheeling ....

15. affende

nope, it doesnt do it enough to make a difference ... maybe a few percent, but its not a funnel, it has lots of restriction, and the cross-sectional area of the opening is too small to capture enough air to "pressurize" the intake system ...

prove me wrong.

16. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

17. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

dont own one yet, thats the ultimate test, however, the forward facing cross section is roughly the same size as the intake under the hood.

i understand its not a funnel, and i was never claiming to replace something like, for example, a cold air intake, however, cross-sectional area is not the key factor in pressurizing a forward faced opening. ie. the wind speed on a cesna is measured through a hole that is smaller than your pinky, but its pressurized enough to measure air speed :hs:

the only time on something like this XJ it would have any bearing, would be freeway speeds. the intake up high, and forward faced with no major obsrutions (grille...)