MIL What does teh Barracks think of this?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by teep, Sep 19, 2006.

1. teep

teep New Member

http://www.trackerschool.com/

I've always loved the outdoors, from the days I used to venture off into the woods with just a pocket knife and sandwich to taking hiking and camping trips all over the country. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Tom Brown jr, but ever since I watched the movie The Hunted, I've wanted to go to his school. Anyway, I've recently decided I want to apply to Army OCS in two years when I'm done with college and hopefully later join and graduate from Ranger school. I was wondering how helpful picking up these skills might be beforehand. I would want to take the Scout and Survival courses. I want to go regardless because I think it would be really fun, but any input would be great.

Oh and just because I don't want to waste space making another thread about this...Just out of curiousity, what is the hand to hand training like? Is it just a weekend boxing and bjj crash course? As someone who fights MMA this has always interested me.

Thanks.

2. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

We have a few Special Forces 'operators' as part of our ROTC cadre and one of them highly praised Tom Brown last year. He has written a few books as well if you can't pony up the cash for the class. I believe he used to track grasshoppers as hard as it may seem.

Damn would I love to take some classes and have them count for college credits.

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

BJJ ftmw

4. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

that made me go :dunno:

5. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

Do you prefer SF soldiers or Green Berets? They help train us and frequently sneak up on me during foggy morning runs.

DAWT