What does OT think of the 350z? Specificially 05' and 06'

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Toology, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Toology

Toology New Member

I'm by no means a "car guy." Other than change my own oil, I have very little knowledge about the interworkings and such of cars :hs:. But my first car was a 1990 240sx and it was definitely a beater, but I loved that fucking car. For the last 4 years I have been driving a 00' Camry LE and although its great economically, its massively boring. Anyway, the Camry has about 85k miles on it now, and needs all new shocks/struts and some other work. Considering the car is only worth about $3500, I'm debating on if I even want to bother... though I could definitely drive the car another 85k miles without many problems.

I'm thinking about buying a new car, and the 350z has always been on my mind, considering i can get an 05-06' for around 16-18k... it may actually be feasible to do so for my budget. Considering I want something sporty again after owning a camry, is it a poor choice vs. other options in that or slightly lower price range? I refuse to buy American... probably a bit slanted, but when I think American, I think unreliable.

2. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

Are you thinking about getting an auto or manual? If you want a manual, don't go for the '05-'06. Their engines are prone to burning oil. If you're getting an auto it's fine because they have the same engines as the '03-'04.

They're good cars; very few things go wrong with them, although early 350z's had alignment issues. If you go with an '05-'06 auto you won't have any problems.

And there are american cars that are reliable...but IMO up until very recently most american cars are just shitty... trucks are good, but they couldn't make cars to save their life...

3. Toology

Toology New Member

I would probably be going for an auto just because it would take me weeks to re-learn a manual after not driving one for 8+ years

4. [dRu]

[dRu] Active Member

I never heard about this. Is this a common problem?

5. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Good cars. Kind of a rough ride on bumpy pavement. Nissan could have done so much more with the car. I like the G series a lot more.

6. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

If at all possible look for an 07-08 350Z...those are the best years.

7. Toology

Toology New Member

out of my price range :hsd: an 06' is stretchin it pretty thin as it is. I just LOVE the cars and want to own one all kinds of bad.

8. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

I came here to post this....

Your really should take a look at them. There is a night and day difference between an 06 a 07.

Read every word of this:
    http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/350z/2007/review.html

9. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

I really like the 350, I just can't stand the interior, I've seen better plastic in fisher price playhouses. And if you get one be sure to keep your Camry if you plan on ever transporting anything larger than a duffle bag. Part of the reason I bought my 8 was because it met some of my practicality needs coming from an SUV. Going by your own admission of not being a car guy, I'd take a look at the G35 Coupe instead.

10. gensix

gensix New Member

why not get a g35 instead