A&P What does OT think about Really Right Stuff camera equipment?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CornUponCob, Jun 22, 2006.

1. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

I'm first looking for a flash bracket, and later I'll be adding a tripod with a ball head of some sort (have not decided on the specific kind).

Would you all say Really Right Stuff is horribly overpriced crap, decent stuff, or some of the best you can get?

www.reallyrightstuff.com

2. sony

sony Active Member

The machine shops they contract out have really high engineering tolerances. All their pieces fit perfectly into each other like they are one piece. The materials they use are solid, sturdy, and definitely well made.

With that said, you'd probably save some money (or spend more, but get better head/legs) getting your own legs and ball head and then adding getting a plate from RRS.

3. mojito

mojito New Member

damn fine stuff, but I'm betting you'd be better with a lesser model and spending the extra on other lenses or acessories

4. sony

sony Active Member

If you're getting the RRS bracket, you need to get a body or L plate. If you have the L plate or body plate, you minus whale get a clamp or head for your tripod to go along with it. Doesn't make sense to be able to slip easily into your bracket and then having to take the L plate off or screw in another QR/plate to use your tripod.

The good news is everything is Arca-Swiss style so just because you have the body/L plates doesn't mean you have to get a RRS clamp/head.

5. sony

sony Active Member

That shit is crazy expensive though. :bowdown: