GUN What does OT feel about C-More Red Dots

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Anders 7, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

yar uses one.

8 MOA seems a little big for a primary optic though

3. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I'm considering using a STS for a HD shotgun

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

8MOA dot is huge. The battery life is relatively poor. No "clicks" on the windage & elevation adjustment makes precise and repeatable adjustments tough.

They also have a poor reputation for holding zero on carbines, although this complaint doesn't seem to be as pervasive amongst people running them on open pistols. I think it is just a matter of a relatively high precision gun that pokes little holes making zero creep much more apparent than a relatively low precision gun that makes big holes.

5. 8MOA is enormous. I'll second what sprite said about the windage and elevation adjustments. They're really designed to go on pistols. They're good sights, but for rifle use you can pick up something better suited. If you don't want to spend the money on an Aimpoint, check out the Aimpoint clones at Primary Arms.

6. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

or just get an Aimpoint

7. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

Should see if my doctor can do something ilke this for me

[​IMG]

8. HE SAID HE DOESN'T WANT AN AIMPOINT.

9. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

YOU DON"T HAVE TO YELL ASSHOLE

10. I ENJOY YELLING.

11. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

I ENJOY POUNDING YOUR GF'S ASSHOLE!!!

12. I'M GLAD TO HEAR IT.

13. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

YOU'RE WELCOME!

14. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

btw, I called my FFL here who lives down the street yesterday afternoon, to ask him about him shipping my GSG for me to the guy who bought it. Soon as he picked up and I said hi, he said "ohh, your gun is here". I was like ".....OOOHhhh, shit. Forgot about that, but that's not why I called. But I'll just come over and talk to you and do the paperwork for that at the same time"

:rofl: my ruger is in

15. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Could you speak up? I didn't catch that last part.

16. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

BTW, I CALLED MY FFL HERE WHO LIVES DOWN THE STREET YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, TO ASK HIM ABOUT HIM SHIPPING MY GSG FOR ME TO THE GUY WHO BOUGHT IT. SOON AS HE PICKED UP AND SAID HI, HE SAID "OHH, YOUR GUN IS HERE". I WAS LIKE ".....OOOHHHH, SHIT. FORGOT ABOUT THAT, BUT THAT'S NOT WHY I CALLED. BUT I'LL JUST COME OVER AND TALK TO YOU AND DO THE PAPERWORK FOR THAT AT THE SAME TIME"

:ROFL: MY RUGER IS IN

17. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

18. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

STILL CANT HEAR YOU MAYBE YOU NEED TO BE ON A STOOL FIRST

19. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I run the cmore as my short range optic and it's OK. I would not use it for anything past 100 yards, I'm running the 6 moa dot. If you don't mess with the sight it holds zero on an AR pretty well. If you abuse the rifle the zero can shift. I had my rifle in a soft case in the back of a trailer with 8 other dudes gear. It survived well up to idaho but not on the trip back. Next match after idaho the zero had shifted. I think it is more the mounting system than the sight itself. The Cmore railway does not have the most bomber mounting system nor do the rail attachments of the jp handguard. The cmore itself has locking screws on the adjustment screws so I don't see how those could possibly move.

I mostly still running the cmore as my short range optic because I think it looks the coolest in videos. I have been thinking of going to a trijicon reflex, a eotech (that new super mini me one) or some sort of micro red dot like a sts or rts.

For a dedicated single red dot sight I would probably go with a aimpoint or eotech. The cmore would probably work better mounted to the top rail. Cmore does make an aluminum verion call the carbine iirc. That would probably be better.

Really though I got to ask why not put a legit scope on your AR in the form of a 1x4 varible. That is the correct way to go. Of course I would recommend the accupoint tr21 or tr24. Some other guys are running those millitt dms or whatever they are.

20. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

Yar, don't you have a cmore on one of your shotguns?? if so, how did that work out for you.

21. AB13

AB13 New Member

My experience with them has only been on a pistol, and I love them there. I've left my light on several times and it's still running nice and bright. I can't even tell you how many times I've left it on after dry fire practice. And I've never had to readjust zero on my Open, Major 9 pistol. I've even fully submerged my pistol in water before, and it's still going strong (Fell in a ditch of water at a match in Texas during a bad storm)

I can get a new sight any time, but I haven't had a reason to. Just as full disclosure, I am sponsored by C-More. But I've been running and shooting their sights long before I signed a contract with them.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'm sure I can get you answers.

22. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Never ran a cmore on a shotgun. I have a doctor on my open benelli and a jpoint on my open 1100. I had a cmore on my 10/22 for a while and then it moved to my AR as a secondary short range optic. There is a aimpoint on the 10/22 now. I also way back when had a eotech 512 which I've sold. Was on the ar, then on the 10/22