What does OT F&N think of ZMA?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by iruski, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iruski

iruski New Member

so what does OT F&N think of ZMA for boosting test levels, and helping with sleep?

It looks rather cheap, and i'm considering going on it. Would OT recomend it for me, a 17 yr old @ 180lb?

Or should i stick to balancing calories? i've gained 22lb so far this year. but i seemed to plateaud for the past 3 months at 180lb.

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

From “Building the Perfect Beast” by Author L. Rea

The mineral zinc is at last receiving the respect it deserves from the athletic community. A now famous study conducted at Western Washington University evaluated the hormonal effects 8 weeks of nightly supplementation provided. A group of football players were divided into two test groups that either received the supplement or a placebo.

The testing procedures included a double blind and randomized protocol. Since most athletes are zinc deficient, the results were not all that surprising. The supplemented group, receiving 30mg Zinc Monomethionine, 450mg Magnesium Aspartate, and 10.5mg Pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6) nightly, showed a blood plasma increase in both total and free (active) IGF-1.

The placebo group showed an effective decrease in both hormone forms. This study triggered the mass marketing of high absorption zinc supplements like Z-MASS and ZMA. Strangely enough, the supplements actually work in and accumulative manner for so-called naturals and chemically enhanced alike. The strange part is that the supplement industry is right in a percentage of these product claims. Imagine that!

Zink should be called the MANS MINERAL. Its presence in the body literally makes the difference between hormone profiles that put you in either high heels and sweater puppets, or baritone bad boy biker status. Zinc is a key factor in enzyme activation’s relating to the anabolic potential of testosterone, insulin, IGF-1, GH, Prostaglandins, and about every other hormone of hormone-like substance relating to muscle growth.

If you have not as of yet realized how manly zinc is, try this. Without adequate zinc supplies, you would not have a penis (if you are male) or enough muscle to power the hand to scratch it with. “Optimal” levels of zinc are absolutely vital to manhood and bodybuilding progress…even for woman. (The bodybuilding part)

ZINC FACTS

- Zinc is an enzyme activator intricate to somewhere between 200-300 enzyme/zinc dependent reactions in the body.

- Zinc deficiency can and will result in a reduction in an androgen receptor count of 20-40% and an increase in estrogenic receptor count of 40-60%.

- Zinc deficiency can cause up to a 63% reduction in androgen binding sites which can cause gyno by altering the androgen-to-estrogen activity ratio. (sweater-puppets?) Zinc deficiency increases the aromatization of androgens to estrogens.

- Some AAS reduce the level of zinc in seminal fluid after 14 days of administration. This is an additional inhibitory factor upon HPTA function.

- Prohormones such as 19-Norandrostenedione, 19-Norandrostenediol, 4-androstenedione, and 4-Androstenediol (and most other variants) are dependent upon the enzymes 17-BHSD and 3-BHSD for activity and conversion to more powerful androgens. Both 17-BHSD and 3-BHSD depend upon zinc.

- Zinc aids in immune response.

- Zinc acts as an anti-oxidant by way of the “zinc activated” superoxide-dismutase system. The system helps protect cells from oxidation.

- Zinc deficiency prevents pancreatic beta-cells from storing or secreting insulin.

- Zinc is necessary for protein metabolism.

- Zinc is necessary for DNA transcription and cell division.

- The prostate has the highest level of zinc concentration of all body organs, and it does not play nice if zinc deficiency is excessive and prolonged.

- Lactate Dehydrogenase and Carbonic Anhydrase are enzymes that allow the body to process lactic acid and carbon dioxide. Both are zinc dependent.

- Blood Cortisol levels elevate significantly during times of zinc deficiency. This hinders GH release and IGF-1 formation. And this negatively alerts the testosterone-to-cortisol ration.

- Zinc is needed for vitamin A metabolism.

- Zinc is intricate to the production of sperm and testosterone.

- The thymus gland shrinks if circulatory zinc levels and reserves are low. The thymus gland produces T-cells that protect against tumors and disease.

- The body contains about 2000mg of zinc. Most is stored in the bones and muscles. Zinc is transported in blood as a component of red blood cells. Of course some other blood proteins carry zinc to other body tissues as well. About 55% of the body’s zinc is stored in slow twist muscle fibers.

- Plant phytates and fiber block zinc absorption because the alkaline PH environment of the small intestines (where most zinc is absorbed) allows zinc and the phytates to complex, or become joined as an insoluble compound. Phytates are found in both grains and vegetables. In the presence of calcium, zinc will pass through total unabsorbed. (Vegetarian Diets Suck!)

- As a rule, only about 20% of a single dosage of zinc is absorbed and the larger the dosage the lower the percentage of single dose absorption. Citrate, Vitamin B-6 picolinic acid (a metabolite of Tryptophane) all increase absorption. Zinc gluconate is highly absorbed.

- The toxic level/dosage of zinc sulfate for a 200lb male is almost 20 grams (19,890mg).

- The liver enzyme 5-deiodinase, that converts the thyroid hormone T-4 into the five time more active thyroid hormone T-3, is zinc and selenium dependent. During low carbohydrate diets or calorie restricted periods (or supplemental T-4 use) adequate zinc intake prevents 67% of the normal decrease in 5-deiodinase activity. Protein synthesis is dependent upon thyroid hormone activity.

- Adequate zinc levels increase free (active) AAS plasma levels during cycles and decrease HPTA inhibitor.

Personal experience and blood test results had led me to strongly support the use of am and pm dosages of zinc supplements both during and after AAS protocols as well as the co-factors magnesium, selenium, and vitamin B-6. Care should be taken to assure adequate copper intake with zinc (1mg copper per 15mg zinc). ZMA products too. But, of course, few will even read this section anyways. SISSIES! As to daily dosages, the Wester Washingtion University study was an apt guide-line for beasts.

3. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

you're no ceaze :kiss:

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:wtc:

5. intouch

intouch New Member

WHAT THE FUCK

6. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

shut the fuck up faggot and GTFO

7. iruski

iruski New Member

Thanx GTLifter that was really helpful.

8. intouch

intouch New Member

Loler

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

no prob....next time do some googling...

Tize?

10. intouch

intouch New Member

lolerlebonese?

11. iruski

iruski New Member

Yeah, i was just asking on an opinion if it were suitable for me. i go to the gym 4 times a week, i'm 17 @ 180lb.

EDIT: Do u have to cycle it?

12. intouch

intouch New Member

13. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

[FONT=&quot]IT’S FUCKING ZINC MAGNESIUM AND VITAMIN B-6 WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CYCLE A VTIAMIN AND MINERAL SUPPLMENT?!?!?!?![/FONT]

/rant

14. intouch

intouch New Member

quoted for truth!

15. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

intouch will be banned soon :wiggle:

16. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I've always heard it does nothing for you physiologically, but it helps me sleep like a babyyyy.

17. nubian

nubian Active Member

i cycle my eggs.
    egg too many eggs will kill you.

18. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

its the truff :noes:

19. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

same here. are you stacking them with anything right now?

20. nubian

nubian Active Member

i'm stacking w/ 1000 mg fishoil and tuna.

i need a good recommendation on a pct.

21. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

:rofl:

22. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Bro you should have added SCO, it's hard on the liver but well worth the gains.

23. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

jesus, do some research before starting a stack like that and not knowing what kind of PCT you need

24. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

your balls gonna shrink:noes:

:run:

25. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

:werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.