GUN what does it mean when you have a transaction "delayed"?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vettefan52, Sep 13, 2006.

1. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

:hsugh: i tried to buy a mac 9 and a lower reciever for an AR15 and the transaction was "delayed" at the gun show... i have NO felony convictions, i was charged with agg assault about 3 years ago, all charges were dropped and im currently trying to get them expunged... i do have a disorderly conduct conviction, but thats only a misd. so i should be ok... right?

should i try to buy a pistol again, or am i just shit outta luck and need to stick to rifles :wtc:

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Probably that you have a common name that might be confused with another. I hear they're relatively common.

3. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i dunno dude, i was instantly approved when i bought the AK a month ago... i dont think my name is very common at all.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Fine then, the illuminati have decided you are a threat and have doctored your record to make you ineligible for firearm ownership. They are also plotting to implicate you for the kidnapping of the lindbergh baby. Expect black helicopters soon. And anal probing. :dunno:

5. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

So, were you not able to buy them or do you just have to wait?

6. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

im not sure... the faghat that i was trying to buy them from said they werent going to call me back unless they heard something by the next day(sunday). they never called back. im considering going to a local shop to try to pick one up, and ill wait as long as necessary.

7. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

:ugh:

all im saying is, why can i buy a rifle but they give me shit over a pistol?

8. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

There was probably something either on your record they wanted to check, or the similar name thing. I hear at least in OR they are starting to delay a few sales for people with anything that could have been related to domestic violence until they can comfirm the charges weren't related to that.

9. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

ok definately dont have any domestic violence charges. i think ill try again for a mac 9... they are such lovely little pistols :)

10. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

fucking criminal

11. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

:rofl::rofl: i was just with the wrong faggots at the wrong time. guilt by association ftl, pleading down ftw

12. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Sometimes you can get delayed just because they are busy, has nothing to do with you.

13. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

:bowdown: one can only hope. i will try at a local shop again. i love the mac 9 mini, its such a sexy gun:naughty:

14. Gimik

Gimik New Member

that's hot :eek3:

15. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

i'm just fucking with ya :big grin:

my old boss had a weird weapons charge and gets delays, don't worry about it. the name thing is also very plausible.

16. RRTX

RRTX New Member

A delay doesn't mean much, if you get denied is when you have to worry about it. On a delay if they don't come back with either a proceed or deny within 3 business days the dealer can let you have whatever you bought (some are dicks and won't, but most will) Oh and Texas CHL counting as the NICS check FTW :bigthumb:

17. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

in ga your ccw counts as a background check, but it takes so freaking long to apply for one and i dont have time to drive down to the county i 'live' in.

also, is that 3 days thing a law? got a link i can print out to show a dealer if they dont want to do this?

18. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

you can hide a pistol a lot better then the rifle. i florida we have 3 day waiting periods so maybe its that. go somewhere else and if they all you back tell them to piss off

19. RRTX

RRTX New Member

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/nicsfact.htm#top

In the seventh paragraph. It is at the FFL's discretion, but they don't really have any reason not to do it.

20. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

thanks, i just wanted this mac 9, i thought it looked so nice. i will try a local shop and print this out if they say anything.

21. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Is it wrong that that's something I'm afraid of? :noes:

22. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Kind of infatuated with the mac 9, eh?

23. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

so much i dont plan on shooting it but 100 rounds or so. its sooo purty. im not a big fan of pistols, but this one is just bad ass