what does "i dont want a relationship right now" mean?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by nerd9, Apr 15, 2007.

1. nerd9

nerd9 OT Supporter

girl had broken up with her bf of several years, i started pursuing her a couple of months after they broke up. long story short, she tells me she likes me but doesnt want a relationship now.

what does this mean? i've moved on, but i'm just curious because no woman has ever said that to me before.

2. Martinj

Martinj New Member

One of many ways of letting you down easily with out using friends bait and saying if nothing comes to her she might go for ya....?

3. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

means her attraction for you wasn't high enough. you were chasing and running too much comfort instead of making her do the chasing and busting her balls

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

It means, "I don't want a relationship with you."

5. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

LOL.. Thats about as clear as it's going to get!

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

It means she isn't interested in you, welcome to the friendzone.

7. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i've had that said to me, but still had sex with her on more than a few occasions

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

She just got out of a long relationship, why would she want to get into another one after only a couple of months? If she dated you then you would just be a rebound. Contrary to what the guys on here will tell you, there are times when girls just don't want to be in a relationship with anybody. Sometimes you need to take time for yourself to be single and take care of things in your own life without a relationship getting in the way. I'm at the place in my life right now. Even if I met a guy I really liked I still would not get into a relationship because that's not what I want right now. It may be the case that she doesn't like you but that's not always true.

9. Chip Chipperson

if he was non-needy and was a cool guy and had sex with her and was non-needy afterwards as well, she would at the very least want to continue fucking him.

10. Midgetized

he never said they had sex

11. Chip Chipperson

they didn't. i'm saying if he played it right and fucked her it woulda been a different situation. I'm saying that it's not something that's going on within the girl or any such thing, I'm saying his game was off.

12. jonno

jonno New Member

exactly.

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

"i dont want a relationship right now"..... with you. :hs:

no girl will let you go if they really want you

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

also, when she says that, expect her to start a relationship with someone else very soon.

The first time a girl said that to me, she was in a relationship with some other guy about a week later...I was like "WTF?"

Then I figured it out...

So, if a girl says that to you...time to move her lower down on the list of who gets your time.

15. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

. :hs:

(this coming from a woman)

16. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

:werd:

It's an EXCUSE. Any woman who REALLY liked you would never make an excuse to NOT see you.

You moved on, good thing.

17. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

So f'n true. Had the exact same thing happen to me. :rofl:

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I completely agree with you, except for the fact that if you meet someone you are REALLY interested in, all that stuff goes out the window for 99% of people 99% of the time. Yeah, if you meet a guy you are "kinda" interested in that stuff can matter, but if you meet a guy who gives you butterflies in your stomach when you get a txt message from him, most people throw caution to the wind.

19. Midgetized

Sure that happens but that's not the smart thing to do. You've gotta use your head also and not let yourself get blinded by the love feelings. I've made the mistake of getting into a relationship when I didn't want to be in one and it's not a good thing. I always had the thought in the back of my mind of "why did I let myself get sucked into a relationship when I really didn't want to be in one" even if it was otherwise going good. Part of becoming more experienced in relationships is not letting yourself get so caught up in the feelings that you forget to use common sense. You can't give 100% to the relationship if you didn't want to be in it in the first place.

20. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

You started pursuing too late. Shoulda went for a rebound.

The fact that she said she likes you but doesn't want a relationship with you means you're a friend, in the friendzone, whatever it's called. The fact that you actually said you've moved on and that you're only "curious" because no woman has said this to you before leads me to believe that this happens often.

21. notsousual

notsousual New Member

I've said that before, and it simply means that she does see redeeming qualities in you. There are things she is attracted to, but ultimately it isn't enough for her, for whatever reason. Aka, she isn't going to adjust her life or make the necessary changed to accomodate you and having a relationship with you.

And yes, this also means if she meets someone next week that she feels better fits her profile, she will get into a relationship with him.

It sucks, but it's true. :o

22. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

Worst thing you can do is chase her too hard.

Give her space, let her figure out what she wants. At the mean time, go on with your life. Obviously this is not that right time to initiate a relationship with that girl.

Perhaps later you may start something...maybe not. Shit happens. Life goes on.

23. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

dot dot dot

24. vipergts24

vipergts24 New Member

it simply means that she doesn't want a relationship with you because you aren't compelling enough to make her want a relationship. When that guy comes into her life then she will want a relationship, simple as that. Basically don't waste another single breath with her because your going to go nowhere, find someone else!

25. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Could also mean she only wants casual sex, if you are 'secret society' enough to do it properly.