what does "express upgrade" mean

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vettefan52, Dec 4, 2006.

1. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

is it worth it to pay the 10 bucks to get this "express upgrade" to vista?

secondly, what the FUCK is an express upgrade? ive seen it everywhere, but no one explains it. im pretty sure its just like back in the day when we had windows 98 and i got a shitty fucking 'upgrade' disc to windows 98SE.

basically, i want to know if i can format my comptuer(dell laptop) with this disc. i dont want to have to reinstall WMC then install the upgrade. can someone clarify?

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Gives you an almost free upgrade to Vista with the idea that you shouldn't wait until Vista comes out before you buy a laptop. They're totally different so it would have to be a full version of Vista that probably works with your OEM key for XP.

3. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

so it will be pretty much like buying the retail copy of vista then? will it come in the box and all that stuff? can i format without having XP on my laptop first? the whole "express upgrade" part sounds shady.

4. sj23

sj23 Active Member

5. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

im not exactly sure how its going to work, but im guessing its an upgrade copy, so if anything happens to your hdd or os that would result in a format / reload, you'd have to put xp on first, then do the xpress upgrade again to vista (idk if u can burn it to a cd or what..... )

im just going to purchase a full copy (partly because ive got a cracked vs. of xp ;))

6. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest