TAT What does everyone think about Vertical Labrets..?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NickMode, Jul 12, 2005.

1. NickMode

NickMode New Member

Ive been working at this job for the past year and it didnt allow me to get any new piercings.. All i have is 3 ear piercings and mt tounge and frenum done..

But ive always wanted a vertical labret. So i thought i might get one because im not working anymore this summer and im going to school in the fall.

I know alot of guys dont have them done but i like them alot. Also i dont have any other piercgins on my face.. Would it go well with only a vertical labret?

I also think im going to get an industrial... Ive also wanted one for a long time

:cool:

2. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

As long as it is right in the middle of your face, I like em

3. Sheana

Sheana New Member

I think they look good on some people, but not everyone. I think it's uber hot on the few people that can pull it off.

4. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I agree.
    Personally, I find that a vertical labret is one of those piercings that is very hard to pull off. I have seen very few people that it actually looked good on; depending on your physical appearance it can either look good, okay, or out of place. However, I've found that horizontal labrets tend to work with more people more easily...and I think they look sexy lol. Though alot of it has to do with the personal taste of the people around you that determine the opinions you'll get. Why not bring your photo into photoshop & give yourself a vert. labret to see how it would look...then you can add in other piercings to see what works well to compliment it.

5. Sheana

Sheana New Member

I had wanted to get my labret done for a long time but i wasn't sure it would look right on me. I did the photoshop thing and my fiance at the time said it looked stupid on me and i shouldn't get it done. He passed away in April of this year and i went ahead and got my labret pierced in May. I thought it looked kinda dumb at first, but now i absolutely love it! And so does my new boyfriend, so it all worked out in the end!

6. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I've been holding off on getting a labret because I have an insane oral fixation, that if something was in my mouth the whole time I wouldn't leave it alone. A vertical labret may fix this however...

7. audrey

audrey New Member

I fucking love vertical labrets!
    MMmmmm I kinda wish my horizontal was a vertical.

8. Down623

Down623 What's the Catch?

I've been thinking about it too. I know a lot of girls have em, but I just like how they look. I have an industrial currently, and I want something else.

9. NickMode

NickMode New Member

Is the bar just striaght with vertical labret jewelry? Or does it have a slight curve to it like an eyebrow ring?

And what is usually the standard length on the jewelry and how small can you get it?

I only want the ends of the barbell to show.

10. NickMode

NickMode New Member

Is that a horizontal labret?

[​IMG]

11. audrey

audrey New Member

hrmmm that kind look vertical more than horizontal?

I guess you would call those lip piercings?

12. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

the jewelry is usually a curved barbell similar to a navel barbell. there is no standard length, most piercers select the jewelry based on your anatomy. some of the bar will show at first because they need to use longer jewelry for healing and cleaning purposes.

the picture you posted is of a horizontal surface lip piercing. not the same thing

13. NickMode

NickMode New Member

ohhh...

Yea.. I think i would have to use curved jewelry because my lips arent so big that it could just go straight through and still be in the correct spot..

And ohh.. Can someone link a pic of a horizontal labret... Checked around BME and couldnt find one.. :dunno:

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

a horizontal labret is just a regular labret. its called horizontal because the jewelry pretty much sits that way

15. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I saw a guy at a concert a few days ago with dual vertical.... it looked kind of funny.

16. NickMode

NickMode New Member

i think duals are pretty sweet... but to much for me..

I asked ALOT of people how it would look on my.. they all told me it wouldnt look good.. :(..

but i think i;d love it and im going to get it

Edit: the only person that said it would look good was this really tattooed and pierced girl... she was :coold:

17. NickMode

NickMode New Member

ohhhh... yea i like the verts better

18. Jeenuh

Jeenuh Guest

They're pretty, I like them, I'd get one if I didn't already have my lip pierced, I didn't even know they exsisted until like a year after I got my lip done.

19. Vegas

Vegas New Member

I have one on each side of my lip, I love em.