what does everyone think about this?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by darkostoj, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

Lately I have been reading posts by people, then seeing pictures of them and just being in shock about the advice people are giving and the way they look. What about a sticky at the top of the forum with each person that posts in f&n have one post where they have

1. any picture that shows physique
    2. a few stats (age, height, weight, etc)

2. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

i support this idea

3. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

i think a video of yourself lifting would be more apt

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

we've tried this before and it doesn't seem to work

I am all for it and whole heartedly believe we should have some sort of initiation period to keep the dumbassery out of here.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I'm in, even though I'd get flamed hardest out of anybody.

6. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

7. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

8. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I've posted pictures before, but don't really talk shit either way. :dunno: I'm all for this idea either way.

9. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

there are definately a lot of people who are giving advice they are no where near qualified to give

10. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

In.

But I dont see how someone cant have a very wide knowledge in fitness and nutrition if they arnt broly.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I'm really not that knowledgeable, and I don't give advice on anything but diet and basic knowledge shit because that's what I'm schooled in. I don't tell people how they should fix their hypertrophy routines or anything like that because I don't know enough about it nor put any knowledge to practice. It's a common sense type of thing. There are some people here who give advice when they shouldn't, but it doesn't take a pro bber to tell someone they could use some work on their lats or something if they're falling behind everything else.

I do think it's kind of stupid how people act like you should stfu about everything unless you're broly or have a DL over 500 lbs

12. deznutz

deznutz New Member

13. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

i think we'd be good if we just put a sticky up that said ignore DeezWeez

14. qwop

qwop underground pirate OT Supporter

It's a good call.

As you've probably noticed, I pretty much only lurk - because I know that in comparison to a lot of people on here, I can lift shit all, I know little about nutrition (bar calories in calories out ;)) ... so I come in here to read what the people who *do* know their stuff have to say.

It's a little unnerving to be taking someone's advice and then realise that they're a talker, not an achiever.

Some of it comes down to attitude as well. I wouldn't have any beef with anyone putting forth an opinion - but contesting people who've lived it and done it and got results when they're puny and just in it for the flame war....it's a bit disheartening, pisses the knowledgable poster off (who doesn't have to bother imparting their knowledge on to us, who are benefiting from their hard graft) and puts off the n00bs to it all because they do something completely unnecessary and is put off lifting/exercising/eating decently.

[/long]

15. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

In, how about with b/s/d too?

16. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Yall already know who I be.

17. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

like I said, EVERYTHING. My DL is just over 300 so I don't go around giving out advice on how strength trainers can up their game and increase squat from 750 to 1000, because I wouldn't know shit about that. If a noob comes in and asks whether he should do upper/lower or full body, i'll tell him full body, because that's what got my DL and squat up 80 pounds in a few months.

Again, you don't have to be huge or have beast strength to give basic advice.

I could easily make your retarded argument against weight lifters should not give people healthy nutritional advice since a lot of them eat 18 cheeseburgers from mcd's per day or a dozen eggs for breakfast, but I can because my total cholesterol is 117... but that would be bull shit because we both know that just since the weight trainers don't always follow healthy dietary habits they still know what is healthy and not.

Would it be wrong for you to teach ancient history to students just because you didn't live in the time period that you're teaching? Fuck no, faggot.

18. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

I think this thread failed because it was just another normal thread. We need to have a thread where each person has 1 and ONLY 1 post with just a picture and a few few basic stats. With so many people the only way to accomplish it is being short and simple. That way if you want to get information on a certian member, you can just search that thread and get their one post with all their stats instead of having to weed through 50 bullshit posts. Having a video as a requirement is dumb because not everyone has the ability to take a video of themselves, and I don't understand what difference it would make anyway.

As far as I see everyone in f&n has two goals
    1. performance
    2. physique

with the picture we satisfy everything that has to do with physique, and with the short specs, total, etc we satisfy the aspect of performative information.

I also think it would be cool to have 2 pictures, a before and after(I think if anyone really knows what they are talking about, they better have made a drastic change in their appearance). That way when someone might have a normal looking picture at 175lbs we wouldn't think much of that person, but if in addition to that picture they have one of them at 300lbs of fat, they would earn a lot more respect.

It would also be cool to have the first few pages of the thread be the big posters and main contributors of the forum. I don't really see there being more than 50-100 people who actually contribute in this forum (for example posting credible and useful information)

19. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

honestly, if you wanted information on anything it should be laid out in the stickies. So if you choose to listen to what others have to say, that is your decision.

This complaint really isn't new, nor will it ever be implemented. Most people can pick out a bullshitter when they see one, and I put emphasis on MOST.

20. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Dude...honestly.

21. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

I don't see why people don't keep a picture/stat log or something in the logs section if they want comments. Most trolls don't even check that part of OTFN.

22. y1997

Maybe everyone who wants to contribute should be required to have a basic profile in the log section of F&N. Im not saying everyone needs a log, just a basic thread which states the background, some pictures, vids, numbers, etc.

Just so people can go there and check out if they person giving advice is someone they should be listening to.

23. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

since when does everyone care about the quality of advice being given here? jesus, i see the same exact people in this thread posting shit like "lol take dbawls cus thats funny" in threads where the others are asking for a little assistance in CHANGING HIS/HER LIFE. you guys are fucking pathetic. not only that but there are ALWAYS some threads that are left unanswered by you "fitness gurus".

so you need to be 250 @ 6%bf or have a 700lb or higher squat to answer questions about what kinda whey and EPA one should get? :ugh:

we have big guys from all different stand-points (PL, BB, Strongman). instead of doing the "make a profile" thing, let's just shut this forum down and PM them. that sounds like a MUCH better idea.

24. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

IBfullpmboxes :fawk:

25. y1997

I do agree that some poeple on this forum who have immense knowledge and experience fail to share it effectively. Thats why some common sense is required before venturing into F&N.

I always try to give real advice when I know enough to. I just think that this is too serious of a subject to mess around with... but thats MY OPPINION.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.