MMA what do your friends think of combat sports?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Jan 1, 2006.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

only a couple of my friends are into mma really and understand the different aspects of it. The rest don't seem to take it seriously and definitely don't give the fighters enough credit.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

they respect it, but don't know too much about it. and they have ADD so they wont sit down for a second and let me explain it.

3. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I got a lot of my friends into it but they won't watch the full fights. They like to grapple a lot, I would show them stuff and they would use the same stuff for like 6 months now lol. But yeah, they're not serious about it, they're just "muegh" about it.

Another thing, my whole family is into MMA which is pretty fkn awesome. One of my cousin who married into my family was an MMA fighter when UFC first happened, he won state in wrestling and helped Bas Rutten for his fight against Randleman.

And another one of my cousin who I haven't seen in like 8 years was a brown belt in BJJ. He could've gotten his BB but moved to a different University where they didn't have any BJJ schools around. You shoulda seen the look on my face when I found it, it was pretty fkn sweet.

And my other cousins just love watching MMA and always order the Pride PPV events (don't know why they don't know order UFC, o well) and we all get together ( like 6-10 ppl) and eat, drink beer, watch the fights.

And hell, a lot of my Uncle's nephews are for sure, going to be into MMA since they're already exposed to it.

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

most of my friends were martial artists of some variety at one point, so they all think it's crazy badass. there is also apparently word going around my hometown that I could fuck any one of them up with little effort :rofl:

5. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

all my friends love it

6. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I'd say the majority of the main OT forums represents the attitude my friends have...

i.e. bruce lee sack riding + football player is better than the wrestler attitude.

7. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

my friends just aren't in to it. thankfully PE, my SO, is. :naughty: