What do you wear under slight v-neck shirts?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Falconer, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I don't mean the ones with the HUGE V, just a V that makes it go down a little lower than a "normal" shirt?

I have a grey sweater and a black sweater that have these shallow V-necks. Wearing a white t-shirt under them looks odd. Wearing no shirt under them looks really odd. What color shirt are you supposed to wear under them?

Thanks.

2. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

it's called wearing a button up shirt.

3. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

wtf
    they're like tshirts
    nothing underneath

wait..shirts or sweaters?
    sweater = collared shirt

4. eof

eof New Member

dress shirt under FTW.... I do it every chance I get so I don't have to iron my dress shirts before work.

:hs:

A lot of the shit I do is driven by the fact that I am a lazy cunt.

5. rAERRKLR

rAERRKLR New Member

This is the problem with calling everything a shirt.

[​IMG]

Shirt and maybe tie if it's one of those ''shirts'' :o

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I would die from overheating if I wore a long sleeve button up shirt under one of those shirts. And no, I'm not overweight. I have a really fast metabolism and a bit of heat intolerance (ie. it's 40 degrees today and I didn't wear a coat and I'm perfectly comfortable. I'm only mentioning this cuz everytime I'm like "I'm always hot" people are like "lose some weight fatty." lol).

Ok, one of them is a sweater, but it's really thin. The other one isn't really a sweater, it's more like a long sleeve shirt... but the material is weird. It's a cotton/modal blend. It's from Banana Republic a few years ago. wtf is Modal, anyway? It wouldn't look right to wear a button up shirt under it. I'll try to post a pic later tonight.

7. :|

:| Guest

button up shirt, or a golf shirt

8. :|

:| Guest

or just a tshirt...but a thin one

9. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

If you want to wear a thin V neck shirt that's not a sweater, and want it to be the outer layer, then there isn't much you can do in terms of wearing underneath. You would have to treat it almost like a T-shirt. Wearing a collar shirt under that will make it look really bulky, and you said that's too hot for you anyway.

Shirts like that I wear as inner layer in the winter, unless it has prints/graphics on it in which case outer but not when it's cold. I prefer V-sweater with collar shirt underneath.