FRK What do you use to tie your SO up with?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Drilldo, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

I skimmed page one and didn't see this topic, if it's been covered then please link me. Anyway the SO and I have decided to try tying her up. I suggested it a while ago and now she's all about it :naughty: Since we're just testing the waters, what are some common/household items that would do the job and not intimidate her? I could care less personally but she's more sensitive than I am and I want it to be good for her (meaning she wants something other than rope you'd find at Home Depot). As long as I'm making this thread, any advice for two first timers? We've discussed it a little and agreed on just tying her hands over her head to start with, then as we get used to it try tying her legs apart and other positions and stuff. Thanks :wiggle:

2. razi

razi New Member

neckties.

scarves.

good quality cloth (or silk) ribbon. I have a nice gold ribbon that I love- it doubles as a blindfold too.

belts.

since you're looking for an enjoyable first time and starting small, make sure it's kind of wide, and don't tie it so tight. you should be able to slip a finger in between the material and her skin without difficulty. you can get to the heavy stuff (leather, handcuffs, duct tape, etc) later.

3. luvstar99

luvstar99 OT Supporter

lol I was going to say the free rope from home deopt:) Still gets the job done.

4. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

She's very keen on texture and the way things feel, that would totally throw her off :o

5. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

GOOD rope :dunno:

Read tutorials on Rope Bondage and read the recent thread on rope tying informative rope tutorial" (or something like that).

Seems like you have things figured out. Just be careful about circulation. Most ties that people do, who are new to tying, tend to tighten as you move around and thus can easily tighten to the point of discomfort.

You'll have more fun once you get into the more detailed stuff. For SIMPLE restraint rope play, we use about 150ft of rope.

Enjoy :)

6. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

long tube socks
    bath robe belts
    duct tape

7. razi

razi New Member

duct tape is not a beginner's toy.

8. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

She called tonight to discuss it, she's going to stop by a sex shop, talk to the clerks, see what they have and then I guess we are going shopping tomorrow :big grin:

9. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

10. LiftedUp

LiftedUp New Member

Just as an FYI, sex shops are not always the best place to get advice about this stuff... especially with things like rope bondage. A little bad advice can go a long way to getting you into trouble with something like this. I would trust the advice you get here, and on rope-bondage-specific-websites a lot more than a sex shop.

First and foremost, safety is always the number one priority. The first thing you should do when starting to play with bondage tying, is to pick up a pair of the EMT scissors. They are readily available online, and at most drugstores for under $10. Should anything go wrong for any reason, these scissors give a quick and easy way out for the person who is bound. Rope is cheap compared to circulation, limbs, nerve damage etc. Some ties can take a bit of time to undo, and loss of circulation or even worse compressed nerves can start to cause damage in seconds. If your partner experiences any pain, loss of feeling, shows discoloration from lack of circulation, etc... remove them from the bondage immediately with the scissors. The EMT scissors also have a blunt end on them so you don't even have to worry about poking the person when cutting the rope in a hurry. That being said, learn and practice proper techniques, communicate with your partner, and take it slow, never pushing the boundaries of what you or your partner are comfortable and capable of, and you shouldn't ever need them... but you better have them if you do!

As for some items that you can use, there have been some good suggestions already. Here's a couple ideas (or repeats of ideas) with a brief description of what it'll do for you:

Old Pantyhose - Soft on the skin, however, it will stretch very easily and won't give you that feeling of being immobile or helpless against the restraints. Might be good for some light play, or as an intro to tying.
    Silk Neckties - Again, soft on the skin. Not nearly as giving as the pantyhose, so you can start to feel a bit of the helplessness against the restraints. Can start to ruin your ties though :hs: Again, a pretty good beginners item.
    Belts - Not as soft against the skin. Give a good sense of restraint against them, but you need to be careful with belts, as if they are tied at odd angles can start cutting into the skin, and cause loss of circulation. Another downside to belts, is that you cant really ties them, and it makes it VERY difficult to get a good fitting restraint that won't come off, but won't slip or cut into the skin. Not a great option IMO.
    Duct Tape - A decent option for limb to limb bondage (ie - binding wrist together). Very strong, but again, you must be very careful not to wrap too tightly!Also remember, that if the bound person will be struggling against them, it will put even more pressure on the skin around them. If you decide to use duct tape, it's also a good idea to put some sort of wrapping underneath it to keep it off the skin. You can use pretty much anything from saran wrap, to sections of old pantyhose/undershirts, rags, etc... but it's a lot more comfortable for the bound person both while bound, and when removing it if you put something underneath it first.

IMO, the best option for beginner play (and inexpensive advanced play) is to do exactly what you don't want to do...pick up some rope from one of the big-box stores, marine stores, etc..!!! Not all of their rope is that scratchy stuff. You can get some great, comfortable, non-slip rope for cheap if you know what you are looking for! Your best bet would be to start with some 3/8" braided nylon rope. It's a good diameter to get started with in that it's easy to handle, easy to work with knots in, and wide enough that it won't cut into the skin. The nylon is also very soft against the skin, and the rope won't stretch so you can still get that nice feeling of helplessness against the restraints.

As for techniques, you really need to practice and familiarize yourself with several basic knots, and their uses first; why some are appropriate for some ties, and others aren't. (For instance, a granny (or overhand) knot is very similar to a square knot. The only difference is which rope lies on top of the other one. But, the granny is a knot that is designed to slip which will become self-cinching, while a square knot won't. If you use a granny to secure a wrist to a bedpost, and the bound person struggles, they just tightened their rope around their wrist and potentially lost circulation because you tied the wrong knot.) Know them inside and out. You can do a lot of useful, basic ties with just a square knot and a bowline until you get those down and want to learn more. A lot of variations are based on those knots as well, such as the "french bowline" (which is shown in my avatar). Start researching and practicing the knots and basic restraints you can find on any of the big rope websites.

It doesn't take that long to learn the basics, and know them well. Make sure you are always conscious of your partner, and their safety. Then, have TONS of fun! :bigthumb:

11. Bubba Atlantis

WOW. Very nicely done LiftedUp. Very helpful

12. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

one of the easiest things to work with to tie someone up are those soft, cheap belts that come with a lot of teen boys shorts. The cloth ones that use two D-rings to hold togeather. Not the best tie in the world, fairly easy to get out of, but that's usually a good thing for beginners. Also easy to quickly release.

13. Toxica

Toxica New Member

The belt of my bath robe has always worked for me.

14. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

15. jsx730

jsx730 If found wandering, send back to FS...

I'm in the market for a good amount of rope. The girlfriend and I are going to explore the art of Shibari. I'm gonna swing by Lowe's and see what they have there. If I can't find something I'm happy with I'll end up ordering online.

16. razi

razi New Member

bondage tape is always a good thing. it adheres to itself.

I'd suggest some good pruning shears- the kind that don't cut skin but will cut anything else. They generally look like this:

[​IMG]

17. trayfoe

trayfoe I tongue female asshole PM me for details.....

I got some cuffs like these but they dont bolt to the wall, they are more like handcuff style

[​IMG]

18. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

Yeah I'm going to try to talk her into just some kind of rope, we're going to go tonight and see what's available. That is if we don't get distracted and not leave the bedroom :big grin:

19. Bubba Atlantis

Oh, GREAT suggestion. Bondage tape is wonderful. Hmm, I think I need to put that on my SS list :mamoru:

20. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

...i don't pay shit for my bandage scissors (emt shears)... course i get mine from the armory when we run through inventory and find we have a few extra pairs... Being a medic ftmfw! :bigthumb:

21. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

22. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

Hey everyone just wanted to update. We did it and it went very well :naughty: Thanks everyone for your advice.

23. Phreakazoid

Phreakazoid Wallsticks, motherfucker

24. Bubba Atlantis

:big grin: that is great to hear. Thanks for giving us an update!

25. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

handcuffs and neckties for the legs