GUN What do you thinkabout the Winchester..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chuck11976, Aug 18, 2002.

1. chuck11976

chuck11976 Guest

I want to get a WInchester 30-30 ranger. Good? Bad? Tell me.

2. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Personally, I think the 30-30 doesn't look very nice, and I can't stand a gun that doesn't look nice. I've seen much better looking rifles.

From a numbers POV: the 30-30 94 Ranger is pretty good for it's ~$300 pricetag. Can't go wrong with it IMO.

3. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

I have a Marlin 30/30 and I love it . IMO its a great deer gun

4. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I would chose a Savage bolt action if I was you, still the same price, but easier to put good optics on and the 30.06 is more useful.

The Winchester isn't as accurate and I think they are dangerous to unload.

5. nordaim

nordaim Guest

30-30 Lever actions rule. Winchester's have gotten a lot better and are the classic lever action 30-30.

The biggest thing is do *not* think about loading any kind of sharp nosed ammunition in it, or your risk detonating the primers on the rounds in front of it. That is why *most* 30-30 rounds are usually round-point.

6. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

I have the exact same gun, It was my first (REAL) rifle. I got it about 3 years ago. Ive put alot of rounds through it. I rember target practicing with it and i heard my dad laughing. He said that the limbs and shit were falling out the trees behind the target. And btw this gun is so light its amazing and short also. probaly good for self defense if you dont have a pistol do some cow boy shooting.