what do you think?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chad2261, Dec 10, 2003.

1. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

I'm in the market for my first laptop and this looks like the one. I don't know much about Toshiba so if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. Here's the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ype=product&productCategoryId=cat01174&cmp=

The price seems right, $999.99 with $150 and $100 mail in rebates and 0% financing until January 05 on my Best Buy card. Keep in mind I'm not looking for a real powerhouse, just something I can take with me. What do you guys think? I'm getting a little itchy with the Add To Cart button and I'd like to hear some ideas before I do...

2. MP

MP New Member

ehh, if i was gonna drop $1000 on a laptop i'de get a ibook. My friend has that exact same one (toshiba) and it runs like absolute shit, I've tried to format and re-install but it still doesn't run like a 2.4Ghz AT ALL. It's got a slow FSB, SLOW SLOW ram, and a shitty proc. My other friends ibook is tons faster (although he has more ram so it made it a more then 1k) then that thing eventhough it's only like a 800mhz mac. The lcd on the toshiba already has a few dead pixels, it's HEAVY as fuck also, he's had to send it away to get replaced once already not even 6 months after he got it. Just going from how much he hates that laptop my suggestion is to stay away from it.

3. diranged

diranged New Member

I have two friends with Toshibas and whether or not they'll admit it, they are pieces of sh!t. Apple laptops all the way -- absolute best finish, overall design, and usefullness. I guarantee there is no OS better than OSX for a laptop right now.