MMA What do you think Tito needs to do to win?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by jag6984, Dec 30, 2006.

1. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Everyone obviously knows Chuck's strategy, so I'm wondering if Tito is going to try something different this time. Most of Chuck's opponents have had the tendency to charge straight in, Chuck circles, plants his right foot and it's over. I think that Tito needs to beat him to the punch.

If Tito has been working his boxing and footwork, I think if he circles Chuck and makes it more of a lateral fight and work the angles, he could avoid some of the heavier punches. As well, it could be easier to throw Chuck off balance and go for the takedown.

However, Tito seems to come at such a frentic pace, this strategy might not work too well either. He should slow it down some and draw Chuck out.

What do you all think?

2. metallikatz56

metallikatz56 New Member

He needs to keep his hands off Jenna for a few weeks.

3. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

He needs to put chuck on his back and keep him there GNP is all Tito has he will get knocked out if he stands with chuck. Chuck has a very unorthodox boxing style and is suprisingly accurate when he throws big shots.

4. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

take Chuck down, keep him there.

not a simple task though.

5. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

take down nad/or push it past the first round, use his cardio

6. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Obviously, that's the big question. He can't shoot right away, that's a good way to get punched in the face. Most importantly, he can't blindly chase Chuck ala Sobral. Chuck circles to the left most of the time (I'm pretty sure), and if Tito goes right, it'll prevent Chuck from setting up for the power shots. Then possibly a clinch to a throw, or some sort of takedown.

Another question is who do you think the cage will favour more? Tito uses it to grind people up against and throw bombs, and Chuck seems to use it to help stand up.

7. DKKD

DKKD New Member

nothing, according to mma math + retards he's already beaten him

because tito beat silva and silva > chuck.

WHOOOOOHOOO

no but the obvious is go to the ground and throw bows, but tito's boxing is decent but dealing with chuck's counters and circling is likely to be too much for him.

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

if chuck's a liiiiitle tired and can't punch as quick as normal, i think he could get through any punches and take him down with ease. Chuck blows ass as long as his striking is weakened.

I think Tito should just stand tall for a while and try to wear chuck down, then after a round or two of that, get to work on the ground.

9. Suspect

Suspect .

fake like hes gonna shoot for a takedown, wait for chuck to sprawl and knee or uppercut em. hopefully knocking him out.
    but hell stand up and prolly get ktfo. :hs:

its on!! :bigthumb:

10. KRUSTYTHECLOWN

KRUSTYTHECLOWN OT Supporter

He needs to go to Brasil and train with the Chute Boxe guys for about Six months and lear some real Stand-Up. Then go to Thailand for another Six months and train some more Muay Thai. Tito's stand up is a fucking joke. Did you guys see the kicks he was throwing? My Six year old can kick better than that. Also his punches are pathetic, I know he's just trying to throw some little combinations to lure his opponents and take them down but c'mon dude. He should know by know Chuck ain't going to be taken down, if he gets taken down, he stands right back up. Instead of Bangin Jenna learn some stand up skills and become a "real" threat and a complete fighter not just a grappler. Learn some fucking submissions too while he's at it. He had quite a few opportunities to try some subs against Chuck but didn't even attempt any, Hell he had Chuck's back for a good minute and he was just trying to take him down. :ugh:

11. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Dude...paragraphs for one.

Secondly, I would say this was the best we've ever seen Tito. He looked relaxed in the standup, and he was sticking to the gameplan of trying to draw Chuck out into the later rounds and use his cardio advantage. Tito's standup isn't the best, but he has made definate strides, and is consistently getting better. I don't think going to Chute Boxe or Thailand would help that much, what I do think would help is if he started bringing in more strikers to train with him at Big Bear. Tito should take some time off and really work on his technical skills with the best in the business, use that money he made on the PPV cut to improve his game.

12. Sylva

Sylva New Member

How about shooting when chuck advances and throws. insead of just trying when he is standing still.

13. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Styles make fights, Chuck is a better version of Tito in both wrestling and standup. Either Tito has to improve his wrestling to the point where he can take chuck down at will and keep him there, or work his standup so much that he can knock chuck out. The wrestling is probably his better option. OR, he could develop a completely unorthodox submission game and try and catch chuck in something which might be difficult because it is so completely different than the style he is uesd to.

14. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

I'm not entirely sure that Chuck has better wrestling, but his sprawl is fantastic, and he has that great ability to just stand back up again.

It's too bad Tito hasn't really picked up that much of a sub game if he's been working with Dean Lister.

You're right about Tito's standup, but he seems to be in the same boat as Matt Hughes almost. They both seem to be better "pullers", and will probably never be *that* comfortable doing standup.

Whom should Tito fight next is a question as well? Jardine's performance was impressive, it could be an exciting fight.

15. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Mabey Bisping or Jardine or Babalu

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  16. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

To win he needs to fight Ken Shamrock

/thread