what do you think of this mp3 (pioneer)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BobyYoo, Jan 19, 2002.

1. BobyYoo

BobyYoo Guest

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

i played with it at CES

its bad ass hehe ill be selling ALOT of those

3. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

counting down the days, just wish I knew when they'd be coming out and when I can have enough money to get it :bigthumb:

4. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

I like it, and i'm a hardcore alpine fan. Besides alpine, high end pioneer and eclipse HUs are the only ones I would ever use.

5. BobyYoo

BobyYoo Guest

hey LOUDSYSTEM, since you tried it.... do you know if we can jump into a specific song with that deck? example if i play track 1 and i want to jump into track 145, can i just press the number in... or i have to forward 145 times???

also how is this deck compare to the jvc?

6. integrajoey

integrajoey New Member

Organic EL displays own....:bigthumb:

7. Waramp4X4

Waramp4X4 k car technician

ugh, pioneer decks havent changed since 1990.... yuck

8. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

nice input ;) oh wait :uh:

as far as specs

MP3 File Playback
    This unit can play MP3 files that have been recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:

Formats (File System): Supports ISO 9660 level 1, ISO 9660 level 2, Romeo and Joliet file systems.
    Directory Structure: Up to 8 Layers (sub-folders) with a maximum total of 253 folders supported.
    Sampling Frequency (MP3): Can play MP3 files that have been recorded with sampling frequency of 16,22.05,24,32,44.1 or 48kHz.
    Bit Rates: Can play MP3 files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320kbps) or Variable Bit Rate (VBR) compression (16 to 320kbps).
    Multi-Session: Multi-Session recorded discs are supported.
    Mixed Mode: Mixed Mode CD's include both a CD-Audio recorded portion and a CD-ROM (i.e. MP3 files) recorded portion. This unit will play back all CD-Audio portions of any multi-session mixed mode discs. The CD-ROM data (ex. MP3 files) will not be accessible.
    Resume: MP3 playback will automatically resume from the previous point if the unit is turned off or switched to another source.
    Folder Access: Use the Up/Down Cross-Keys to move between folders.
    File Search: Use the Right/Left Cross-Keys to skip between tracks (songs). There will be a short pause while the unit loads the track tag information and buffers.
    Fast Forward/Reverse: Press & hold the Right/Left Cross-Keys to fast-forward or -reverse through a track. No audio is played, but the PlayTime indicator will show the elapsed time of the current track (note: Variable Bit Rate (VBR) files may not show the correct time).
    Random (Folder/Disc): Folder: Plays all the files in the folder in random order. Disc: Plays all the files on the disc in a random order - each new song will be a random track from a random folder. Limitation: Disc should have less than 512 files to have a full random function. In case of a disc with more than 513 files only the previous 10 files are memorized and avoided to be repeated due to the memory capacity.
    Repeat (File/Folder): Allows you to repeat the current file, or playback only within the current folder.
    Scan (File/Folder): Plays the first 10 seconds of each file in the folder or on the disc.
    Display Capability:
    This unit can display the PlayTime Indicator, Bit Rate, or the first 16 letters only of Folder Name, File Name, Track Title, Artist Name and Album Title. When the recorded information is longer than 16 letters, you can scroll the text to the left so that the rest of the title can be seen. Press the DISPlay key to switch between display modes.
    Text Data: The File Name and Folder Names (up to 32 bytes) can be displayed.
    ID3 Tag Display: This unit supports ID3 v1.0 and v1.1 tags for MP3 files. It can display the Track Title, Artist Name or Album Title (up to 30 bytes). If specific ID3 tag information has not been recorded on a MP3 disc, "no xxxx" will be displayed (e.g., "no artist").
    Chassis

and btw i have some instock now :) thats if your interested

9. Waramp4X4

Waramp4X4 k car technician

yeah but look at the thing...........

10. integrajoey

integrajoey New Member

Fast Forward/Reverse: Press & hold the Right/Left Cross-Keys to fast-forward or -reverse through a track. No audio is played, but the PlayTime indicator will show the elapsed time of the current track

hmm you'ds figure it would at least play audio during FF/Reverse..
    I believe the RF mp3 players are the only ones that can do this or were the first to offer FF/reverse through songs on car mp3 decks :)

11. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

we wont talk about rf decks :fawk:

12. iNteGraz92

iNteGraz92 trolling apple sackriders is just too damn easy

:rolleyes: :fawk:

13. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

Thats cool.. for my car I'm gonna try to get my hands on a Premier P940. 2 months is a long time to wait .............:(