what do you think of the front end of my HT *pics*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cRaZe, Oct 30, 2004.

1. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

[​IMG]

im thinking that maybe i should get black velvet drapery panels and line the front wall and the left and right wall to give it a darker more theaterish feel..

i'd have to dump the posters..

i've got to do something cosmetically about that sub too ..

2. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

p.s.

don't state the obvious.

I KNOW the screen has wrinkles like hell but honestly while watching a dvd movie in total darkness.. i tested with bright and dark scenes and you CANNOT .. even if your life depended on it.. cannot tell there are wrinkles... so thats cool with me..

3. 04

04 Guest

Looks much better than before. I also like the speakers moved in a bit closer like that. I would angle them in towards you at least a bit more though.

Also, instead of using a screen like that, why didnt you just paint that entire wall with a good color/finish for a projector screen? IMO it would look a lot more asthetically pleasing, and you wouldnt have to worry about the wrinkles :o

4. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

we are trying to avoid doing anything permanent or anything that involves a reverse process to restore the room to its original state..

believe me if i had full free will for this room i'd have picked out a really dark carpet and have the walls all around painted black..

5. Rocker_II

Rocker_II K-Car pride

Those are Athena speakers correct? How do you like them?

6. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

they are muy excelente... but then again i've never listened to "proper audiophile" speakers before to base a comparison against...

on the other hand my speakers before these i had gotten back in high school were some crappy sony towers and the difference was night and day... the athenas put the smackdown on my old speakers wwf style ...

and a very respectable home theater magazine last year put out a article on these exact speakers and praised them as some of the best under 1k speakers around... that pretty much sold me.

7. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

do something sweet with that sub box, and I would say

*bling* *bling*

8. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

oh also....I would imagine that glass coffee table would reflect alot of light into the viewers faces...is that a problem?

(maybe you never noticed it before, and now you will always notice it :big grin: )

9. Wrx Dave

Wrx Dave Guest

The room looks good!! Just 1 thought, might be worth moving the sub box to the rear of the room..

Thats where I have mine and I think for that size room it would look less intrusive!! But it sure does look impressive!!! :bigthumb:

Dave,

10. giovanna145

giovanna145 New Member

yo wats the blue light on the side room. dats kinda kewl. I saw some guy had that light in his bdroom once online. What is that. Looks really good. I would like to know how you got that or wat u used.