SRS What do you think of my plan for the summer?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Alternative, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Alternative

Alternative Guest

What I want to do is spend the whole summer, starting July 4th, travelling the country. The trip will be about 10000km total. I will visit lots of towns and see lots of diversity. I guess this is like an experiment to get my life back on track.

A bit of background info: My life is pretty fucked at this point although in past weeks i've been getting better. My diet is completely out of balance, I don't exercise much, and I love spending time with myself. In general, I'm just not very good at the game of life. Im missing too many of the "instincts" that other people seem to have.

When I travel for the summer i'm going to camp out each night. Im going to stick to a strict diet of oats for breakfast, tuna or chicken for lunch and pasta for supper. I'm going to eat one apple per day, one orange per day and possibly more fruits. Each supper meal is going to supplemented with green peppers, onions, mushrooms and other veggies.

Im also going to exercise each day. This will include stretching, cardio workouts and yoga.

I'm going to take in some nightlife. I will go to bars and see if I can develop better social skills because at this point in my life they are pretty much non-existant. I'm not really anxious in social situations, I just prefer to avoid them. But I realize that I need to change this.

I'm on Effexor for my depression right now. Although im coming off it because I don't think it is working for me. I hope being on this medication won't affect me too much while im constantly on the go.

So basically, this summer I will be forcing myself into being active all day. Hopefully this will set me in motion for when I go back to school in the fall.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Great plan. Change of scenery makes you change your lifestyle.

A++++++ great plan. would recommend to others. little slow on shipping, but otherwise very professional.

3. Nosmas

Nosmas New Member

Have a great time.

4. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Sounds like a great plan!! I think anyone soudl do this, if you have the funds/ freedom to do it!

5. AstroGirl

Where are you going to go?

6. Alternative

Alternative Guest

Im going to drive to Vancouver and then turn around and drive back towards Newfoundland. Not sure if im going to make it all the way to the Newfoundland, but im hoping to do so. Also, on the way back I will be going through the northern USA.

7. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Go for it! I was right there with you until you mentioned the nightclubs....not my bag baby but worth the experience if you haven't tried it before.

Just watch your funds along the way.... it's one thing to invest on a life experience like this road trip. But don't put yourself into a hole that will leave you in greater debt and depression after it. Be frugal, be careful, and have fun.

8. AstroGirl

How fun! I would love to take a trip like that. Get out of your bubble, change your venue. And you mind will clear up! Hell I took off to Hawaii for 2 years!

9. Indagator

Indagator Twist of Cain

That's actually a good plan if you can stick with it. Changing your scenery so much even if for a short time (few months) can help you readjust/relearn a bit. Maybe though it would be a good idea to have one good friend along who wants to accomplish similar things? That would be great for motivation, and just having someone to talk to when you need to. Just a thought :dunno: . Great idea though :bigthumb: . I hope it works well for you :) .

10. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Holie crap....hehe. That's a super long way. Where do you live? Toronto?

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Be carefull along the way :wavey:

12. Alternative

Alternative Guest

Alberta

13. torrynt

torrynt New Member

that sounds awesome! i'm doing something similiar.
    my friends and i, a total of 5, just graduated high school, and we've been working really hard this summer and will continue till about mid-end of July, when we will all pile into one person's SUV. we will do the same thing like camping, only eating ramen noodles that kind of stuff. it will be 5 people, so gas prices will be split. we live in charlotte, so we're going to get on I-40, which goes straight to los angeles through new mexico and arizona so we'll drive through desert-esque places, then we're going to go up the coast of california, into oregon and loop back around going through montana, chicago, and back. it will be awesome. we're just going to do whatever we find in wherever we go. the motto of the trip is "whatever happens, happens", so if we're driving down the road and we see a sign to a city that sounds cool, we'll go there. we're going to write down all the stuff we do and take pictures, and hopefully if it is exciting enough, we are going to write a book. we're also thinking of making a website, and putting the web address on the side of the car, and hopefully halfway through the trip have a following and stuff. that way, people could inform us of stuff to do, and maybe we could get sponsorships or something. but yeah man, that sounds rad. you're not alone in doing something like this. have you read on the road? that was our inspiration for this.

14. Alternative

Alternative Guest

Well, my trip will start wednesday. Tomorrow I pre-cook my 10 pounds of rice and then im off.

I will keep a journal of what I learn, what I see and people I meet. And I will also take photographs. More and more in my day-to-day life I realize that there is so much I simply don't know about life. I'm only realizing now the things I have so dearly missed. Travel has caused this.

Wish me luck :)

15. Bleed

Bleed New Member

i am so jealous of all of you doing this road trip. i've always wanted to do something like that, but unfortunatley now i'm working on building my career. enjoy your youth and live in the moment. that is awesome, good luck to all of you.

16. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I also envy you! I wish i had the freedom to travel for the summer like that! Unfortunately, I have to save money since i wont have a job during school this fall. But more power to you! I bet you learn a lot and start to pick up good social skills doing something like this. Keep everyone updated.