What do you think of my diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Cab 540, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cab 540

Cab 540 New Member

I'm a big fat guy, and when I say big and fat I mean 476lbs. I'm 6ft tall and am morbidly obese. I know it'll take well over a year and mental conditioning to get to where I need to. I know how much I hate myself already so spare me any unnecessary flames.

I work at a cargo shipping company, part time, and it busts my ass, but not enough to where I think I couldn't do more - so I plan to get a gym membership very soon and go there in the morning.

So here's my plan, I'm a newb so let me know what I should do to make it better. I figure I'll eat 6 meals a day, spaced about 3hrs apart. Two or three of which may be supplements. I'm thinking muscle milk, ON meal replacements or some RTD stuff, and EFAS. Plus a ton of water.

Here's an idea:

7am - Muscle Milk protein supplement upon awakening.

8am - Gym for an hour or so, heavy lifting, concentrating on my basic, major muscle groups, with 20-30 minutes of cardio afterward.

10am - Cup of Oatmeal and 3 eggs. Or an apple/kiwi with a cup of cottage cheese.

11am to 3pm - Work. On my feet the entire shift building cargo pallets and throwing boxes.

1pm - Ready to drink or pre-mixed meal replacement.

4pm - Maybe hit up the salad bar at the supermarket, or pick up a 6" roast chicken sub from subway or a grill chicken sandwhich from wendy's or something.

7pm - Boneless/Skinless chicken breast + Asparagus/Broccoli or other veggies.

10pm - Muscle Milk protein supplement before bed.

Obviously there's more alternatives than the ones listed, but no matter which way I slice it's roughly 2000-2500 calories a day, 175-200g protein, 100-150g carbs and 75-100g fat.

Is this too much or not enough and what should I change? I intend to switch things up every 8-12 weeks or so, regarding my workout and eating, just do it in phases by setting up small goals every couple of weeks to stay motivated.

Thanks!

2. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

looks good to me...maybe a no on the muscle milk

3. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

As long as you can stay consistent with your diet and motivated, you should see some great results. Good luck

4. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Drop the muscle milk and get like casien protein

5. ralyks

ralyks New Member

At 6'0 476, I think you'd be a good candidate for a very low cal/PSMF diet. PM christophers for more details (I believe he's the one who recommended this), you want to get out of that morbidly obese range ASAP.

6. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

I agree. But the diet looks pretty good but i would do psmf though.

7. JustWitherAway

JustWitherAway OT Supporter

8. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

Pics of what?

9. JustWitherAway

JustWitherAway OT Supporter

Cab 540, duhh.

10. Mojo

Mojo New Member

how many calories is your maintanence level? i would normally say lower it slowly as time goes by. minus 200-300 cals of your daily intake and then decrease more?

if i were in your shoes, i could care less about strict diet. just keep the meals clean, small, and simple and lift heavy weight. of course, avoid the obvious junk.

and i dont think food should be replaced with supplement(s). thats the greatest source you can ever have for your body.

11. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

He is morbidly obese, doing a normal cutting diet isn't going to cut the weight off fast enough. Being that big is extremely unhealthy and he needs to lose the weight fast before serious health problems happen.

12. Mojo

Mojo New Member

interesting, i never knew that.

i always read its best to adjust slowly, but i guess that only applies to the 100-200lb folks then:dunno:

13. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

stfu, your gay.

And to cab, just stick with the diet no matter what, don't give up and you will see major results.

14. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

the diet is fine. the hard part is dedication and how much you're filling to stick with it. if you can overcome that, you'll lose weight easily and at good pace if you do decide to go to the gym

15. V!

V! New Member

Stop eating about 4 hours before you go to sleep
    192oz water per day
    Walk for a total of 1 hour per day

This will be a good start, like mentioned above, you aren't going to see good results in the long run if you attempt to shock your body into losing weight....

What is your diet now that got you to the weight you are at?

16. Cab 540

Cab 540 New Member

Thanks for understanding! I can't say that enough especially for the suggestions and help.

I'm 26. For the last month and a half I changed my eating habits slightly by drinking water and gatorade, eating subway or making my own sandwhiches at home and mixing it up with good stuff. As opposed to eating fast food and drinking 3 or 4 bottles of soda every day. I've lost 20lbs so far, and when I started working I had come off of unemployment for 8 months and wasn't sure if I could handle it, my back would hurt just walking from the parking lot to the car. After work I'd literally just sit there in my car for about ten minutes getting over the pain, and I'd be the sore the rest of the day. That went on for about two weeks.

Now there's no more pain. I go through the entire shift now without ever experiencing any pain, which for me, is remarkable. I can keep losing weight doing what I have been doing but I feel like I'm ready to take on the next phase. I feel I'm 'mentally' there and am ready to spend a nice portion of my paycheck each week on some supplements and good food. I get discouraged when I think about the amount of work is in front of me, the amount of weight, loose skin, etc. but it just drives me to want it more and I put it out of my mind.

Once again, thanks for all the help. I'll keep this thread updated.

17. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  18. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

This sounds like a basic comment but try to hit up with alot of omega-3. When eating at least like one salmon steak a day I feel tons better and more energetic.

You could take pills but too get the same effect you would have to probably take 20 at one time to get the same as one 300g salmon steak :dunno:

19. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

I've taken ECY.

Don't see what that has too do with omega-3's though

20. gtpjim

gtpjim New Member

Sounds like you're on the right track here, keep a log in the training forum so we can motivate you and see if you need help anywhere.

And remember you can never go back to your old lifestyle again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.