WEB What do you think about this short landing page?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Not my product or anything, I just saw this and thought it was quite refreshing compared to the other landing pages that are super narrow and a mile high.

https://www.celebritysexypout.com/

seems like it would only work if you didn't have that much to say tho.

2. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

It's all backwards as far as whats important. Headers too big, pictures too big and all the important stuff is at the bottom of the page. And even then it doesn't do anything to try to get orders...no call to action at all.

Might work ok as an informational type site but not so much as a sale page/landing page.

Nice clean design and layout though...as far as a normal website at least.

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

4. LowClass

LowClass New Member

Might want to figure out those credibility icons twords the bottom, atfirst they were overlapping the links, on page reload they were way up high. This was in IE7, really odd.

5. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

dunno, we handed it off, client prob fucked it up

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Good observation. I wonder what their conversion rate is.

I thought it was refreshing tho. It didn't have any of the typical bullshit that sales pages have (in order: picture, insult, personal story, testimonials in yellow boxes, product pimping, strikethrough old price, fake # of units remaining, javascript countdown timer, list of "extras" you get for free, real price, visible affiliates link at the bottom, fake last chance offer "chat" script when you exit the page)

7. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

That crap is pretty much limited to clickbank type stuff and stuff from the lame gurus and shit. Most people doing affiliate marketing don't mess with that lame crap...even if it might only because they are too lazy to write that much content lol.

Those "squeeze" pages are more intended to funnel you through their sales and get your information to later upsell you on everything in the world.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What do they do instead?

I'm only an affiliate with CB and CJ, but CB is all giant long sales pages, and CJ seems to be mostly online stores. Would you say that's a fair assessment?

9. LowClass

LowClass New Member

do something thats worthwhile and cut the info marketing bullshit out. real landing pages have a conversion sequence and need to answer simple questions and strike emotions to movtivate users into the defined CTA on the page. if you want to study what the "real world' is doing, head to www.marketingsherpa.com and www.marketingexperiments.com