What do you say?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DragonsBane, Sep 26, 2006.

1. DragonsBane

DragonsBane New Member

I am sure this topic has been over done millions of times but I would still like some advice.

I have known this guy for 3 monthes and we have been dating for about 3 weeks now and he has already said I love you. I am curious to see what some of your reactions to this might be. For me its a trust thing where I dont say I love you until I am absolutely sure I do, even if i get the feeling early on. What is causing me to ask this question is I am wondering if it is just my horrible past with men that has conditioned me this way or if it is something that is common amongst other people as well. I would like both men and woman replies on this.

2. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

From a guys point of view I don't say "I love you" until I actually mean it, the phrase is thrown around too much these days and giving someone the wrong idea is not something I want to do.

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I think folks throw it around too much, also. I said it when I meant it. And even still, I only say it when I mean it. I don't use it as a parting comment for phone calls ("Ok baby, talk to you later, love you.") or other times when it's just "plain" feeling.

I say it when I mean it.

Does everyone do that? No, probably not. Take your best guess as to if he does. Personally, I think guys fall in love faster than women because they have often been thinking about the woman for a lot longer time than they have been together.

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

You should never say those words until they are truly meant...however, while you may think you love someone, I dont believe it can be truly love until you have been with them for a while and speant alot of time with them consecutively.

See, people fall in love with the person they see, but if they are only spending a few hours a day with someone, they arent seeing all that person. Honestly, I dont think you can really know if its love or not untill you have lived with someone a few months. Living with someone really changes things, and should be a precurser to all serious commitments.

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

I always wait for the chick to say it first :mamoru:

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ Has that ever happened?

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

i have to disagree. i think you can be in love, and love someone, without having lived with them.

i really see little advantage to living withsomeone outside of marriage. to me, i just seems more like a convienance issue, and thats the last thing i want.

8. DragonsBane

DragonsBane New Member

I know for a fact that living with someone changes things, but not whether or not you love the person, and even living with someone you may still only see them for a few hours a day. No one spends every waking hour with there SO ... that is bound to cause problems in any type of relationship.

Also i think it is quite possible that this man loves me already, he has very strong opinions and sticks to them.

9. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

How old are you two?

I think that 3 weeks is a bit too soon. I think that it could be lust, and sometimes those overwhelming feelings of being so head over heels can make you think you're in love. In my first serious relationship my ex told me he loved me 3 months in. This relationship it took a year.

I think maybe you should wait a few more months and see how things go before getting wrapped up in it. You dont want to set yourself up for dissapointment.

10. DragonsBane

DragonsBane New Member

we are 20 and 21

11. moomoo3210

moomoo3210 Active Member

sounds like hes new to the relationship thing and just saying it because your both in the "honeymoon" stage of the relationship still

12. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

Turbobabe is right. Sometimes people mistaken lust for love, especially people that are inexperienced with relationships.

I also have to agree with redvsblue. You can fall in love with someone instantly but truly loving someone takes time. I think what he's also trying to say is that you don't know if it's true love until you've seen the good, bad, and ugly. And in most situations, you won't see all of that until you two live together. True, you may not see each other often while living together but the dynamics change because now you are sharing bills, sharing huge responsibilities, sharing space, etc. You have to deal with each other's habits too. Living together really tests your tolerance, compatibility, and patience w/one another.

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:bowdown::werd: My thoughts EXACTLY! :bigthumb: