What do you recommend for bug/tar removal?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ace3, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

i've heard Tarminator is pretty good. What else?

i got some pretty terrible asphalt/tar reminants on my car when i was in dallas, as well as some all down the sides of the car.

i need a scrub brush as well.

i ALSO need some high-strength, safe wheel cleaner. my wheels get horribly dirty, and i HATE that.

:x: :x: :x:

2. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

My fav BnT remover is: AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover (www.autopia-carcare.com)

Wheel Cleaner - Eagle One A2Z Wheel Cleaner (PepBoys)

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Cut some Orange Blast Degreaser 50/50 with water and it works great. You will have to rewax after using it.

I don't use wheel cleaners nor do I recommend them. I've seen too many wheels ruined because of improper use.

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Tarminator is good, and 1z Anti-Insekt is incredible. I use a micro fiber scrubbing cloth to help get them off the badly caked on ones. I had a nasty S10 that never gets washed (they said maybe once a year), and was having a time with the rocker panels. Sprayed on the 1z A-I and that shit came off so much easier.

I'm with Scott on wheels, plain ol car wash. Unless I am doing the insides of wheels that are nasty and caked on, car wash is all I use.

5. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Scott, D-Limonene is what Orange Blast is made out of. I think that Orange Blast sells for 4 bucks a Wal-Mart, D-Limonene sells for $30.00 a gal at a chemical co. and makes 50 gals, saving you $$.$$ . chemical co. can save you a lot of $$, just bottle it your self when you need it unless you like a pretty labels.

6. GucciGucci

GucciGucci Active Member

I used something made by Zip Wax. Forgot the name. It has enzymes that break down the bug guts and tar.

All I had to do was dab some of the stuff on the tar or bugs and let it sit for a minute or 2. Then I'd gently wash off the mess with water and using my bare fingers.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'll have to look into that, although I really don't need anything strong for my regular customer's cars.