A&P What do you keep in your bag on an outing?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mtkversion, Jan 14, 2005.

1. mtkversion

mtkversion Good Times Aplenty

Besides the camera/lenses .. what else are some essentials in a bag?

I keep my camera manual, a copy of Digital Photography Pocket Guide, a 3M microfiber cloth, lens caps, an ear syringe and lint free white gloves in case I get some dust on the lens.

Anything else I should stock up on for those " just in case " moments?

I have a day off tommorow so I'm heading out to the local lake/park to relax and take some pics .. don't want to go unprepared.

2. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

My camera bag always has camera, lenses (w/caps and backings), filters, lens tissues (I preffer them to cloth), a little dust brush (with an air poofer), extra batteries, and an assortment of film (both color and b/w in a variety of speeds, but this doesn't exactly apply for digital). And I never went out shooting without a cellphone, keys, ids and cash, but that's pretty much a given for any outing - I would stick them in my camera bag so I wouldn't have to carry a purse/wallet

3. FryingPan

FryingPan Certified Thread Killer

The camera itself, lens hood and filter adapters, blower brush, lens tissues and cloth, cleaning solution and 2 or 3 gigs worth of SD cards.

4. Relay

Relay New Member

I try to keep Plastic bags...garbage bags. Never know when you might need them.

Also most of the above mentioned items. I keep a table top tripod as well.

5. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

Depends on the bag, but for the big one some of the items:

Business Cards w/contact info, Pens, Notebook or Notepad
    Extra battery for each body.
    Bottles of water / 8oz cans of energy drinks.
    Portable harddrive.
    Extra Compact Flash Cards.
    Two bodies.
    Two flashes.
    The lenses I plan on using.
    Monopod if necessary.
    Cellphone.
    Small terry towels/cloth.
    Granola Bars.

6. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

Some of the already mentioned, as well as silica gel packs.

7. mtkversion

mtkversion Good Times Aplenty

Ahh yeah .. I remember reading an article saying these are important to keep in your bag in the winter months .. I had 3 of them in various shoe boxes laying around ... do they not absorb the moisture after a period of time?

The ones I had laying around were probably a year or two old ...

8. dmora

dmora Guest

camera, CF cards, flash, 2 lenses, USB cable, remote, instruction manuals ( :hs: ) and im still trying to figure out a way to get the tripod to attach to this .

9. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

TBH I'm not quite sure how long they last, but I think you can kind of "re-activate" them by baking them, although I wouldn't go ahead on this one without knowing for sure and knowing if it releases any chemicals into the oven. I run into so many of these going through hard drive and computer case packaging that I could have as many as I possibly need.

10. sony

sony Active Member

I'll always carry a snack like a snickers bar or like some little bag of chips. Sometimes I'll carry around a water bottle on a side pouch or something. :coold: Sometimes you can't always grab something to eat so its nice to be able to toss some candy in your mouth or something before you switch lenses or whatever. :eek3:

It sucks when you're out and you get some munchies and you're at a good location, so come prepared. :o

Some other stuff, bring a trash bag and rubber bands if it might rain. You can rip a hole out and rubber band the bag around the cam and keep shooting for a bit more. :o I always have a bit of gaffers (i'll roll some around my flash and rip it from there in case I need to tape switches down or something breaks on me, because equipment does break. :o I put it on the flash instead of carrying the roll to save space. :) ) I'll carry the roll in my car, but only like 3 wraps around my flash or something when I leave the vehicle. I also carry like 4-5 zip ties just in case something happens or I have to zip tie something. :noes:

Bring a hat. :coold: or even sun screen if necessary. Chap stick. :dunno:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  11. sony

sony Active Member

I definitely keep one in my bag. I got this box one where you can recharge them in the microwave. :cool:

12. sony

sony Active Member

You can bake them in the oven to recharge them I believe. I'm not sure, you should search on it or something. :noes:

13. Furiofire

Furiofire Guest

Stuff

I like to keep a polarize filter, gum, coffee filter for custom white balances, and a table top tri-pod. I also take along a good external flash (SB800)

(Along with most of the other stuff mentioned above)

14. sony

sony Active Member

Gum is good. I had a bunch of it when I shot at JGTC because it was windy out and my mouth was getting really dry. :hs: I had a lot of other goodies like chocolate chip cookies and stuff since food there was 11tybillion dollars. :noes:

15. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

:cool:
    Where did you get it? Price? Size?

16. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

I keep everything in my jacket, extra CF, lens adapter, lenses, extra battery, microfiber cloth. Chapstick, cigarettes, pocketknife, pen ;)

17. sony

sony Active Member

I got mine from Samy's. They come in two packs, so my friend actually bought it from Samy's and split the pack with me. :hs: