What do you guys think of paint job?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by SoySauciAl, Dec 18, 2006.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

bmw gray. 4 base, 3 clear. guy sprayed it on so smooth, he didnt even have to wetsand.. just lightly buff then swirl remover. (pictures before buffing) :coolugh:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2006
  2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Thers no such thing as a multistage paintjob that doesnt need wetsanding.

THe sanding is there to act as a binder for the next coat, and to remove any overspray. Not to smooth anything out. You do that final block sand at the very end to remove imperfections and orange peel.

I hope you didnt break the bank on that paint job.

3. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

what? no, sanding is not a binder for the next coat. it can be, but no one does it like that unless by accident. accidently letting the paint dry too much before spraying another coat. each layer but the primer is layed on and before it has the chance to dry, another layer will be layed on and thats how it binds.. the only sanding is before any spraying is done to rough out the surface to bind. to sand down every layer is redicilous. wetsanding is to smooth out orange peel or sags/runs at the end when it drys. but the way this guy layed it on, im telling you.. it turned out almost perfect! no runs, very little orange peel. after it dryed, it looked like i can just drive off with the car.. but was buffed a little, no wetsanding involved.. no i didnt break the bank for this.. it was a friend who did it for me and i helped prepping it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2006
  4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Need better lighting to tell...

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

If it's a deal to you then good. I've seen factory jobs that look like crap. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters bro.

More pics please once it's back together!

6. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

looks good, but you do need some better pics so we can really tell

7. Original

Original OT Supporter

That color is so damn wet :coold: