What do you guys think about this situation?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Guz200sx, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

BACKGROUND:
    So recently a co-worker of mine found out she is pregnant with her 2nd kid. Its an unplanned pregnancy and pretty inconvenient for them as she is going to school for her Masters and they also have a 4yr old (who BTW was also unplanned), she was on birth control but apparently (according to her Doctor) there is a 1% chance that the woman can still get pregnant even while on birth control.

Now, my co-worker is demanding her husband to get a Vasectomy. Her reasoning for demanding this is that they have already had two unplanned pregnancies and it can't happen again. She also said since she is actually having the baby then he needs to do something so it won't happen again and since he refuses to wear condoms, this is the only other thing they can do.

Question for the guys:

If you were in a similar situation with your wife, What would you do?

Would you object to having this operation?? I Would

Why not just wear the condom??

2. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

If I ever decided to have kids I wouldnt more than 2, so I'd get one anyway.

If I were in that situation and I planned on staying with her I would get one.

3. Doc Love

Doc Love Guest

She should have her tubes tied.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Poor lady. I hope he gets the vasectomy. There's nothing more frustrating to me when I hear married men who've had a few kids say they don't want to get a vasectomy because they "like the idea that they can further breed" :rolleyes: I know Yail and men like him will say a woman asking a man to get a vasectomy is practically cutting his balls off, but until you guys can push out a 7 pound baby I think the least you can do is get a small snip snip.

If you really did want another child you can possibly get it reversed and if not :eek3: you can adopt! Dun dun dun...

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Oh, this sounds like a GREAT couple.

But anyways...If she CAN't (in the sense of she is unwilling to) have another, child, why should it be HIS or ONLY HIS responsibility?

She should either get her tubes tied (since SHE can't have anther kid), or offer to have her tubes tied along with him getting the vasectomy.

Otherwise, she's being a stupid bitch and not realizing that she has as much responsibility for the pregnancies as him.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

I am surprised at you :squint: :nono:

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

fair enough, but come on, she's as equally responsible as he is.

It takes two to get pregnant, if they want to prevent pregnancy, they should both take measures to do so.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

I'm not saying she's not. But the woman wasn't trying to get pregnant. Apparently her husband has super sperm. The woman is now going to have to spend another 9 months of her life feeling sick, disgusting, hungry, in pain...and at the end she's going to push out ANOTHER baby that she wasn't expecting out. She's going to be hurting bad, possibly torn down there, and you are telling me she should be the one to have it done? If her husband is a man who loves her I think the least he can fucking do is go to the doctor and an hour later come out feeling exactly the same.

9. Guz200sx

I'm sure she is taking half of the responsibility for the pregnancies.

But I believe she is saying that since she is having the kids then he should have something as well, especially after the 2nd one.
    Her view is that she gets 9 months of being pregnant and all the extras that come with it while he just sits back and doesn't have to deal with all of the physical stress.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

Exactly.

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

The fact that she got pregnant again really has no relevance on her taking measures to not get pregnant again.

I stand by my statement. If she really doesn't want to get pregnant, she should take the measures as much as he should.

It would be the same as if he used condoms, but she didn't use BC. If you don't want something to happen, and there is something both people can do to prevent it, then both people should do it.

P.S. I'm cool with just agreeing to disagree if it comes to that.

EDIT for clarification: This is the exact same thing as the BC/condom issue, just taking it to a more extreme level.

12. Guz200sx

She was on birth control. But like iwishyouwerebeer said, her husband has super sperm :rofl:

Also I know if they (he) wanted to be really careful then they (he) would have worn a condom but MOST married men will fight against wearing condoms. I know for a fact he hated wearing them while they dated and when they married he (jokingly) said that is one of the good benefits of being married.

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I was reading about how men consider womens goods worth less then their own. That Doctors will actually just remove their uterus to prevent cancer when it doesn't need to be done because they have this bias that their organs are kinda useless.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

But that's the point, HE'S NOT TAKING ANY MEASURES. As Guz just mentioned, he refuses to wear condoms. She does use BC! In this situation she's just the bigger victim in terms of absolute ridiculous stress.

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Then she needs to do something about it. If he refuses to wear condoms, DON'T sleep with him.

Odds are, no matter what she says, he's not going to change. So she's going to have to step up and do something to resolve the situation. She's either going to have to get her tubes tied, stop having sex with, or most extreme, leave him for someone more responsible.

I know it's getting old, but it;'s coming down to my old "raise your standards, don't put up with shit" routine.

Anyways, I'm off to go buy some juice.

No hard feelings here.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

Wow, really? Are you really going there? :rofl: I am so shocked at your responses in this thread.

17. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

my sister has two daughters, both i guess were unplanned. a suprise but a happy one ya know? as i assume most kids are.

anyways she was done and got her tubes tied. good idea if u ask me :dunno:

18. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

she has a legit argument.

she's already taking measures to prevent pregnancy by taking bc pills. that's her end of the bargain. his end is to wear condoms.

since he refuses to wear condoms, it's not fair for her to have to keep taking bc pills. so for her to want him to get his tubes tied is pretty legit, and him refusing is based on nothing besides "but i don't want to"

19. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

what can I say? Life throws surprises at you sometimes.

20. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

if she doesn't want anymore children, then she should get her tubes tied after the birth of her child (get a c-section)

21. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Unless i'm mistaken, the operation for a woman is MUCH more risky than the one for a man.

22. sportsjunkie

men shouldn't get a vasectomy unless both partners agree on it
    same as the tubal ligation...but since she seems adamant on it, she should get it

23. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

this is :werd:

24. sportsjunkie

or maybe she should just wear a condom

25. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: