What do you guys recommend for cleaning LCD's?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GK, Jan 31, 2007.

1. GK

GK Tag Body Spray for Sick Cats

I recently picked up a 42" LCD and have been reading everything from diluted alcohol to class cleaner without ammonia.

It seems that 50% diluted alcohol with a micro-fiber cloth seems to be the most popular choice, but I wanted to get your guys' opinions first.

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

what about a swiffer?

those work pretty good when im cleaning screens, otherwise id just use a dedicatesd lens/screen cleaner

3. GK

GK Tag Body Spray for Sick Cats

Swiffer as in cleaning the floor swiffer? That's got alcohol and ammonia in it dude.

As for the dedicated products, they tend just to be over the counter products in a nice package.

I was curious to know if there are home products that people use that work just as well as the pretty packaged stuff.

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

really? this swiffer feels pretty dry for having alcy and ammonia in it, and huh, its completely odorless, those guys at proctor and gamble are fucking geniuses, its also amazing these hamrful chemicals havent fucked my tv up after years and years of use

"Dry Cloths are great for: • Wood, tile or vinyl floors • Under beds, tables and cabinets • Inside closets and around closet shelving • Around pet areas • Under appliances • Bookshelves, electronics and plants • Walls and baseboards"

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Use a microfiber towel to remove dust. If there is something sticky on the screen just wet the microfiber cloth with some water and use that.

6. Supergeek

Supergeek New Member

Yeah, I've read that just enough water to make a cloth damp is best. Those monitor wipes that you used to use on your big CRTs... use them on CRTs, not on LCDs.

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

after reading this i took a microfiber detailing rag and started whiping stuff down, it pulled everything and held it , well

im never buying swiffers again :bowdown:

8. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

someone tried to exchange their poineer indash dvd once, because they scratched the hell out of the screen with a swiffer... instead of using the microfiber towel that came with the unit.

9. AO

AO New Member

I use Wal Mart's 'Vision Centre' "No Glare" lens (eyeglass) cleaner at work; no alcohol. Free refills. Works wonders, but won't remove scratches.

10. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

screen clean from monster cable... comes with a nice microfiber towel too

11. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I got a microfiber cloth with somthing I think it was my camera and it works great even on finger prints.(Dumbass people pointing at stuff but can't just point they have to touch)