GUN What do you guys know about this gun???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NomaN, Aug 31, 2005.

1. NomaN

NomaN Guest

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I'm sick of your whining.

that being said, FN's are supposed to be great guns. Fabrique Nationale, I what FN stands for, I believe.

3. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Decent handgun for the money I guess, horrible trigger and a cheap over all feel. I once mistakenly identified one for a Hipoint which from what I've heard is fairly common. But honestly I wouldn't doubt its reliability FN is a well established company who stands behind their workmanship.

4. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

:roflw:

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

I know nothing of the reliability, but having fondled one or two of them, their ergonomics are horrible, and the trigger really sucks. They feel cheap, but they might be okay.

6. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

FN 5.7 is a great gun, expensive though

7. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

The Forty-Nine is a great weapon. I've hade mine for a couple years now and have a few thousand round through it. Ergonomics are better than a Glock. The biggest drawback to the weapon is probably the trigger. This is a DAO handgun and as such, has a long heavy trigger pull. Now, this is probably the best DAO trigger I have ever pulled. While the weight is around 10lbs, the pull is very even and you can feel whats going on. The break is very defined and crisp.
    The weapon is overbuilt and the manual states that it was designed with considerable extra beef over standard SAAMI ratings. A former FN employee on The High Road informed me that this weapon would have no trouble digestinga steady supply of +p and even +p+ in 9mm.
    He surmised that it would also be strong enough to handle 10mm although the frame would have to be enlarged slightly to accomodate the larger round.
    The sight radius is longer than a CZ-75 and it is just as accurate as I am. Mine has never failed to fire or eject save for one incident that involved a bad primer...certainly not the guns fault.

FN is an old, well established company. They are trusted by the most powerful military on the planet to build the standard infantry rifle...yep, FN-Herstal build the M16 for the US military.
    If you want a weapon with the same capabilities, but in a slightly smaller, DA/SA decocking package, might I recommend the FN FNP-9 or FNP-40 (when it gets released on a larger scale)
    I own one of these as well although it is living with my GF right now. It has about 1000 round through it, and as is typical, it demonstrated boring FN reliability and build quality.

8. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Just because they make military weapons doesn't mean they can't make crap. And the age of a company doesn't mean anything. While FN has made good stuff most of the time, other companies have been around for god knows how long, and have made NOTHING but crap the whole time.