What do you guys do with the towels after removing wax with them?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Tommy, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Tommy

Tommy Long Member Standing

I saw that some guys remove wax with thier terry bath towels. do you stick them in the wash after your done with them? Will the washing machine remove the wax residue and not contaminate the inside of the washer?

I use polishing clothes to remove the bulk of the wax, but would much rather use a terry towel.

Thanks in advance for answering.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Yes, you can wash them in the washing machine without a problem. Terry cloth towels are pretty good, but to use the best, I'd suggest microfiber. See other threads in this forum about MF towels for details.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2002
  3. nordaim

nordaim Guest

I just toss my terry towels into a good hot wash when I am done and they come out nice and clean. No apparent residue of any kind.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I use terry cloth towels for washing and drying and microfiber for polish and wax removal. I wash all my terry cloth towels together and the microfiber towels separate from the terry cloth towels. MF towels don't lint and you don't want them picking up lint from other towels.

BTW, never use fabric softener on your car towels. Fabric softener will leave residue in the towels and in addition, they will be less absorbent.

5. luvthong

luvthong Guest

So, what kind of towel do you use for applying the polish & wax on the car? Any kind of cotton should do it,right? And use MF to buff the polish & wax off, correct?:confused:

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I bought reusable cloth pads made out of terrycloth. You can wash them right with your regular towels. And yes, we recommend that you use the MF towels to buff with.

7. luvthong

luvthong Guest

But can I just use 100% cotton cloth to apply the polish & wax?Thanks:cool:

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars makes some great foam hand applicators. A package of 4 is around $5. You can get them at a Meguiars professional product distributer (they have links on their site) or order them straight from Meguiars at www.meguiars.com

Foam pads are all I use to apply wax, glazes and swirl removers.