What do you eat for lunch at work?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ashley, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashley

Ashley EEK!!!!

I need to know what to pack for lunch. I'm trying to do better but it comes to lunch time and all there is in the cafeteria that I like really is chicken tenders. Well I could eat a salad, but the salad bar is right under the decontamination area on the second floor where all the bloody gross instruments are cleaned and sometimes it leaks (a lil' secret you really don't want to know) the quality of lunchmeat sucks and the non-grill like cafeteria food is horrible. So I need to pack, but what?

EDIT: Oh and I did take some pics for my starting pics, but my home comp is fucked up and didn't bring the camera to work.

2. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I either make chicken and jumbalaya/red beans and rice/some shit like that, or I go to the local sammitch shop. I can get a 14" sammitch thats about 60g protein.

3. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

Two cans of tuna (mixed with sweet pickles and mayo) and 4 slices of Pepperidge Farm whole grain hearty texture bread (yes, it's stone ground). Along with my 2nd (of 3) multi cap, fish oil cap, and 21oz water.

That's only once a week, the other days I'll just make a turkey and roast beef sandwich on the same bread with mustard, mayo, american cheese, and lettuce. Along with the 21oz water and my regular pills and a cup of black beans.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  4. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

can of tuna and salsa, but i really dont eat a full lunch since I eat every 2 hours.

5. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

Same here, but I'm still hungry after I eat all that I listed above. My metabolism has been crazy ever since I started working out again in December '05.

I'm sure bein' 6' 4" 238lb and 22 y/o, has something to do with it too.

6. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

I am starving all day long even though i eat every 2 hours. I mean i usually have a few chicken breasts a day, a can of tuna, 5 egg whites, 2 protein shakes, and some fruits and veggies

7. Ashley

Ashley EEK!!!!

Yeah I'm 5'1" 128lbs <~ estimate 21 y/o

Everything seems like it has too many calories, I know if i have a sammich I can't have mayo on it thats jus too much, I don't really eat cheese, and I need more protein in my diet.

8. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

use miracle whip, or use something else like hummus. Drink a protein shake to get more protein in your diet.

9. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

1lb of beef and a rice cake

10. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

grill up some chicken and steak on Sunday night, bag it up and eat throughout the week

11. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Do you have a fridge at work?

I take things like: high-fiber weight-watcher's bagel with lean turkey bacon and fat-free cheese, 97% lean hamburger with a whole wheat bun, tofu hot dogs on whole wheat buns..easy stuff that I can eat while at the computer. I take everything in a cooler so even when I'm off-site at a customers doing tech support it's still there on my breaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.