SRS what do you do when......

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Jun 17, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

without going into details. what do you do when

you hate life

when you think things are going well it just turns out to be a let down

your friends and family have so much more success then you do when it comes to women, school, and just seem to be handed stuff and have good luck.

your parents dont really care that much about you

i feel like i did something to piss off the universe or something and like i see these people around me who dont do much more then i do and still have great luck with everything.

i've been on meds and went to therapy but nothing has helped. I lost all my dreams and willingness to do things.

what do i do? I know i'm still young and i'm hoping things are fixable :x:

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

taka road trip get away from everything familier and just think what is my life and is this what i want it to be

3. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i already know its not what i want it to be. i just have no direction/motivation sometimes i wonder if i should pack up and move but then i think, well my best friends live here and i'll miss them

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Pick up Anthony Robbins tapes or books. Perhaps he can help. Libraries usually have copies of his stuff that you can check out for free. If not, be sure to ask the librarian if they can order it.

he helped me way back when I felt really lost and I'm using him now to help me refocus on a new business I just started. Robbins Rulz.

5. mrj

mrj New Member

1. Find out why you "hate life" and realize that someone out there is suffering with far more than you will ever experience, or know, and they survive, maybe even with a positive attitude.

2. Realize that life has it's ups and downs.

3. Don't ever compare your life to someone else's successes or failures. You are different people, with different wants and desires.

4. You realize that you're the only person who can be relied on to care about yourself 100% of the time. You sound like you've got major acceptance issues. Be happy with yourself.

5. Just like #1 - think of your life, think of the life of people in Uganda, Kuwait, Iraq. Think of the people who have nowhere near the chances of living successfully that you have. Think of the diseases, the disfigurements, the disabilities you COULD have - but the "universe" smiled upon you enough to keep you (as far as I know) healthy. Look at the young kids with cancer who know they're going to die and have no chance to grow into adults, look at their wishes at the Make a Wish foundation, they want to play baseball, drive a car, simple things that we all take for granted.

Stop taking these things for granted, because to someone they are only dreams that are completely unobtainable.

6. Tell your doctor the medication doesn't help. Find another doctor. Make life changes.

7. You make yourself happy. No one will ever make you happy but yourself. You make your own bed, you control your life.

Positivity is bred from positive copulation. (Think positive and you will have positive things happen.)

FIND A CREATIVE OUTLET.

6. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

good advice. yeah i know i have acceptance issues but i just have a really hard time why good things happen to my friends and not me