SRS What do you do when you feel you lost everything?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by liptonme, May 12, 2005.

1. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

What do you do when you were turned down the job you were best qualified for, or when you realize you will not be receiving any income, or most importantly you know when you will be losing your best friend?

2. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i can tell you that you DO NOT give up. everything happens for a reason, my friend. life doesn't always go our way. ;) it's life experiences and hardships that remind us that we're alive. ... chin up! :)

3. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

finding it hard to keep a chin up.. everything just hit me at once

4. chica&buddies

believe me... everyone has gone through tough times. many of us have gone through the same experiences, and we've made it through. :)

5. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

all these things are just tearing me down....

6. chica&buddies

what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger! :)

7. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

bad... cliches... bad....

8. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

what doesn't kill you can definetely cripple you...physically.. mentally.. emotionally..etc.

9. chica&buddies

i disagree... :sad2:

10. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

well i definetly just got chopped down quite a bit

11. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

whenever i feel like the world is against me, or that i dont have anything, i get away from everyone. personally, i like bodies of water so i'll go sit by a river, lake, or the beach or something and just clear my head. i think about what i can do realistically to fix the negatives and what i need to do to maintain the positives. if there is an aspect of my life that i just cannot fix, that is out of my control, then i dont dwell on it. for example, i lost the friendship of a best friend of mine earlier this year because of a mistake that i made. i was reflecting on this when i was sitting by the river and realized that while i felt like shit for what happened, there was really nothing i could do about it. it was out of my hands. so why should i dwell on it? doing so wont bring her friendship back.

not sure if this will work for u, but it works for me. best of luck to you, and i know firsthand that the help of OTers in the Asylum is priceless can make the world of difference....

12. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

you gotta fight back man. its actually a time where you will learn a lot about yourself if you don't give up. we have all been there and we all know how hard it can be. going through such hard times shows us what we are really capable of.

13. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

i'm tired of constantly pushing and not getting the results i want

14. johnny

johnny shit, baby

A few years back I couldn't find a job to save my effin life, and I'm self-employed. :noes: Thought my gut was gonna just fall right out.

You're going to be fine...somehow you will manage the situation. Your financial obligations should prove to be flexible; after all, they need you right where you are, whatever your circumstance.

What's the deal with your friend?

15. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

Weird situation with my friend.. I'm technically not allowed to talk to her any more.

16. Zaltana

Zaltana Guest

By whose rules? Is it a matter of life and death if you do talk to her?
    Someone needs to be reasoned with in this situation.
    Don't keep getting down over others advise. Go do something great for your self something that makes you feel good, take some healing time and think how you can remedy your situation. Unless you are terminally ill, there is nothing you can't do.
    Man kind was made to adapt, adjust and cope, you can do it, lean on the existing friends you have, accept advice, and go after what you can obtain. It may not be easy but don't give up.
    Good luck.

17. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

thanks

18. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

damn every time i wake up in the morning or when i take a nap i wake up in a panic and i just want to scream or just go nuts!!

19. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

i feel your pain bro....right now i think im at the lowest point ive ever been in my life...i dont know what i want to do with my life, just today found out my ex finally started seeing someone else...really broke my heart because i thought we still had a chance, im having some financial troubles and i just cant concentrate on anything

:wtc:

20. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

just a thought that I was told by a Maths teacher ...

actually, he discovered it while we were talking about negative numbers ...

"You never have nothing, you always have something."

I think that you haven't really lost anything, I think that you have really gained.

Getting turned down by one job isn't too bad; how jobs did you / can you go for?? One out of 50 isn't too bad, and if you got to the interviewing stage, have you learnt more so that you can do better next time??

I take it that not recieving income is stemming from not getting a job?? Ummm, well isn't there like some sort of unemployment fund or something for when you are out of work for so long so that you can survive, or so that you can pull yourself through these times to get yourself a good / better job?? Again, I ask what you feel that you gained from this, and with no income, what have you really lost in the long term??

Losing your best friend. Been there, done that!! Found a new best friend!! Case closed, I suppose!! If it is female, just move on!! Plenty more fish in the sea!! :big grin:

21. I'd probably be miserable, but I think things would get better and I'd take the opportunity to see if I could find another job as soon as I could.

22. Amanda Renee

Amanda Renee New Member

i feel like you have to hit rock bottom before things start to work back up to being good. what doesnt kill you makes your stronger.

have a good cry and go for a run haha thats what i do