TAT What do you do if your partner doesn't like body mods?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by audrey, Sep 20, 2005.

1. audrey

audrey New Member

I have never had a partner that shares my love for body modification.

I am feeling a little restricted right now. I know my SO would never actually stop me from getting something done, but he won’t hide his dislike for it and this holds me back. I also respect the fact that he probably doesn't want a girlfriend covered in metal and tattoos.

What would you do? Would you pull the - my body my choice and get these things done anyway knowing your partner wont like it? Or does their opinion out weigh yours?

I hold my freedom so close to my heart and I almost feel like I am selling out.

2. Laurel

Laurel New Member

My boyfriend isn't big on them either. I don't not get them, but I always thing long and hard about getting them before doing it, because of how they tend to affect him(no oral sex for a while with the monroe, no nipple play for a while with the nipples, etc). If it's something that ultimately I really want, he's behind me though.

3. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Life's too short to let the opinions of others keep you from doing things you enjoy.

4. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

I don't have that problem with my fiance...she encourages me to get them. PA so far.

If it were an issue though I don't think I would NOT get pierced just because of someone else's opinion.

5. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

:werd:

Generally speaking these people knew how you are and what you're into before they started going out with you, or at least getting serious with you. They should've known what they were getting into.
    In my opinion you need to do your own thing. If you don't, eventually you'll just end up resenting the other person for them not "allowing" you to do things.

6. Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher Active Member

GF has a nipple ring, she got it before we started seeing each other. I don't like it, I think her breasts are perfect by themselves and have pleaded with her to remove it. She has 2 hood rings too, those I like.
    To her credit, she refuses to remove it.

7. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I'm not big into body mods, but if I wanted something done then I'd like to make sure my S.O. is okay with it. If he wasn't then I'd still like his input on what I'd be getting done because his opinion is still important to me. I wouldn't just not get it done, but I would still ask for some input from his end; for example, if it was a tattoo I'd find out if he just didn't like the design or placement & his opinions on what would make it better. Obviously if you're in a relationship that you don't feel will b long term, then you shouldn't worry about making long term decisions that they may not like.

Currently my fiancee had one tattoo (from before we met) that I liked, and he just got another one Friday. However, before he got it he was planning on getting something off the wall (flash) put there, but I wasn't really too fond of the design he wanted, and I'm a firm believer in at least making a couple slight changes to any flash to make it more your own. So instead I asked him to give me something to draw (I was bored at the time), and I drew his idea up for him. He had that tattooed on his arm on Friday and he loves it, and I like it. I'm not too fond of him wanting more tattoos (I'm okay with a minor backpiece), but I'm not going to tell him not to get them. If anything I'd just make sure that they're well drawn/designed and suit his body; I'm an artist, so I always have to scrutinize any artwork lol (including my own).

8. joy division

joy division New Member

If they won't love you for who you are they aren't worth the time and effort anyway.

9. audrey

audrey New Member

I just want to make to most of it all. I hate the thought of having regrets that could have been avoided. I don't want to look back in 10 years and kick myself in the arse for not doing all these things I dreamt about.

10. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

I'll chime in on the opposite side. I myself do not care for tats on myself and I'm not attracted to women that have them either...same goes for women that smoke. I do enjoy looking at other people's tats, but it's just not for me. My wife has been giving thought to getting a tat at some point and I am against it. Call me closed minded, but if I have to see it and she knows I'm not attracted to people that have them, why add that to the relationship? We both got our tongues pierced together a while back and I don't mind piercings since they can be removed.

11. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

So do them. If he has a problem with it, he'll either learn to deal or you'll know he's not worth your time.

12. audrey

audrey New Member

Do you think because you are married you can put your foot down and forbid her from doing things?

13. audrey

audrey New Member

I am kinda disapointed in myself that I need his approval. But I also think that I would be selfish to go and do things to my body that I know he wouldn't like.

14. joy division

joy division New Member

Close minded? How about just being a bad husband. You should support your loved ones as much as possible.

15. joy division

joy division New Member

It's your body, not his. It's your life, not his. You might not even be with him for a long time :dunno:

16. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

It's selfish of me to sit here playing WoW and posting on OT while people in some backwater African shithole are dying of starvation.

It's your body, you do what you like. I understand what you're thinking, and you need to just forget about what he thinks.

17. audrey

audrey New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: wow takes up more of my so's time than I do. Maybe that's a whole other thread :ugh:

18. joy division

joy division New Member

get a WoW interface tattooed on your back, then you can fool him into sexoring you if you need to. "honey i have something to show you", give him a mouse so he thinks its real.

19. brujito

brujito New Member

:bowdown:QFT

20. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

It's not their fault if they find X unappealing.
    Of course you always have the final say, but if you are doing it because you like how it looks, what they think should be taken into consideration.

21. audrey

audrey New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

22. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

if she's doing it for how it looks(and she likes the look) then why should his opinion matter? it is her body.

23. dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman the colonel has arrived.

if he doesn't support you in something you truely want that has no real affect on him, then he isn't for you.

24. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

If you're doing it just for the look, wouldn't it be the same thing as asking for an opinion on a shirt or hair cut?

25. audrey

audrey New Member

How long did you have to wait after getting your monroe?