What do you do if you can't get with a girl cause of her religion??

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by lowridah, Mar 16, 2006.

1. lowridah

lowridah G

I met her at work a couple of months ago. we went out a few times and have been hanging out a lot. she told me a couple weeks ago that we can't take it any further because we don't have the same beliefs. She's Christian and i'm Muslim(non practising). couple of days after that, we kissed and felt her up and what not(i feel like i'm 12) a few days after that she tells me she's falling in love with me but that we shouldn't kiss anymore cause we can't have a relationship unless we're on 'the same page'.

i think might feel the same way about her, but i don't know if i can go on without sex (she's a virgin i'm not) any longer...or even not kissing.

ps i'm 24 she's 25

2. zyg0te

zyg0te I've made a huge mistake.

you need to embrace the holy trinity

3. psyphre

psyphre User #58, OG ftw. XBL/IG - davzilla77

you have to ask yourself "do I love her or just want to have her?" In the end it is worth it to wait.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Some things (like people who are highly religious) just cannot be had. Are you willing to sacrifice your own religion to be with her?
    Sometimes religion causes great stress in relationships and marriage, and that is before you even add both sides of your families in there.

5. lowridah

lowridah G

the weird thing is i can see myself being with her in the long run, but there's no way I want to convert. not because I'm religious but because I just don't believe in her religion and it wouldn't be right if I just did it to be with her.

her family is totally ok with it, it's her that's very religious

6. Don Ganja

Don Ganja Drunk Driving > *

i broke up with a girl because she started to get too religious for me. i couldnt stand being preached to all the time - im a very free individual and though i had the upmost respect for her beliefs, i cant stand being sold into anything

7. low20

low20 Member

hm, at 25 she still feels this way huh? id say that th elikleyness she will change her mind is slim. she most likley will NOT have sex with you either. id say just move on. if its nt what your looking for then its not meant to be. unfortunatley she cant just accept who you are, so obviously she doesnt really "love you". if she did or thinks she is falling for you, then she would accept your religion knowing that she can still practice her own beliefs and you yours.

8. irrompible

irrompible Member

2 Corinthians 6:14
    “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”

According to that verse, she can not practice her beliefs while being with someone who is practicing a different religion.

9. lowridah

lowridah G

that's the problem right there, it's not that she doesn't accept me for who i am, it's against her religion to be with someone with different/no beliefs.

I didn't know i was considered being wicked because of what i am though!!
    good to know we're in 2006 and people still think this way

10. EmiB

EmiB New Member

Wait wait but whats really underneeth your appearnet problem is that you are not too religious and shes into religion. And even if you both were the same religion that would still create problems.

ANd dont worry dude if she really falls in love with you and you play your cards right, the religion wont matter that much.

11. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

It's pretty cut and dry here hun. She laid it out, all or nothing... that's just it. There is no in between. No maybe's. You'll have to change your beliefs and how you practice. This could be life altering for you if she's into her faith that much.

Honestly if one person is that hell bent on religion being such a priority or you both are but with different relgions you guys may struggle in the long run. You have to be really open minded to practice separately and it doesn't sound like she's going to be one willing to budge.

12. irrompible

irrompible Member

Yeah, like I said I was just trying to get the point out that if she is infact a practicing Christian, than chances are that is the reason she would never consider taking it any further.

13. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Be careful when fucking with a woman's virginity.
    Be careful when fucking with a woman's religion.
    Wars have been started for both. Blood could be shed.
    Be careful.

14. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

:rofl: true though

15. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Run run very fast

16. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Been there, done that. Either convert and marry her and have 4 kids or move along.

I chose to move along. She married some other guy in less than a month and literally had 4 kids. Go figure.

17. lowridah

lowridah G

you guys are all right...i guess i was hoping for some miracle answer...i kinda of know what the outcome will be. time to move on i guess.
    back to practising playerism!

18. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

tell her she's a god damn bitch.

19. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

ok a few things here.

sex isn't everything. i look at it as a bonus to a healthy and caring relationship that doesn't revolve around putting out.

second... religion shouldn't matter. thats obviously not everyone's opinion... but its mine. religion doesn't make the person. the personality makes the person. its fine to carry on with your religious morals and whatnot (her not wanting to make out and stuff anymore) and i can respect that. but not dating someone that you have a thing for due to their difference in religion is retarded.

i understand thats how some religions do it... but its not what being in love is about and it shouldn't be used as a deciding factor.

i'm pagan and my SO is a non-practicing episcopalian. his parents are very much into church... along with most of the rest of his family. my family are mostly non-practicing united methodist. none of them go to chuch, but thats what they were brought up. religion doesn't even play a part in our relationship together.

i imagine that the only time this is going to be a problem is if we decide to get married. he has no preference, but i'm sure that his parents would want him to have a christian wedding. that doesn't quite fly with me. but that doesn't mean i'm not willing to work through it and compromise.

relationships are all about compromise :hs:

20. lowridah

lowridah G

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21. lowridah

lowridah G

i agree with everything you just said, but her reasoning for not even dating is that she's worried that if it's gets serious then there will be issues just like you and the wedding.
    she asked me what if we got married and we had children, she would want them to be raised christian and go to church. I said that's fine as long as they have a choice of practising what they choose when they're older. she didn't really have anything to say to that, but right now her problem is that she's not being obediant to God if she gets with someone of another religion since we're wicked as someone mentioned above

22. low20

low20 Member

yeah but if u wanna be that technical (not you, but her) then you could say that it doesnt say unbeliever in a christian sense...this guy has beliefs in some way or another....so hes not an unbeliever right? i donno, i consider myself a christian, but i would never go so far as to tell someone i couldnt date them because they are not. we ALL have different views and interpretations of the bible or whatever religion you believe in. i would never criticize someone for what they believe or try to force them to believe what i believe. in a way, i think if you believe in "a god" then we are all believing in some sort of higher power, (could even be the same guy, we dont know) so why make it so confusing and restricting? just my opinion, but i think that god is a higer power, a creator, and my god and your god and anyone elses god could be the same god just in a diferent view of the person believing it. meh....whatever, all im saying is i would never dat esomone so judgemental or critical as that chick. example of someone who takes religion a little too far

23. R KriLLz

R KriLLz Uncomfortable in my own skin.

hmm.. people pick and choose what they want to believe in the bible.

I just think she's afraid it will hurt.

24. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

she sounds like a hardcore bible thumper...they put God before family and everything else, i'd move on. christians and muslims are like oil and water, trust me you're not gonna convert her any time soon

25. lowridah

lowridah G

i'm not tryin to convert her brah...i'm not even religious.