what do u guys do in the winter?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Nov 28, 2009.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I do really well with my mobile detailing business when i am in season out here in northeast pa, but once winter hits i dont really have work for like 4 months. I have a shop i could operate out of for free,but still really no one wants to spend money cleaning up their vehicles. The only thing i could think of, was to do a pretty cheap pick up drop off service for like 30 bucks, quick wash vacuum etc. I don't want to spend my savings sitting on my butt for a few months. I am in the police academy as well during the night, so i have plenty of time for work during the day.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Not something I deal with down here. :dunno:

How about advertising how regular cleaning during the winter prevents problems from the road salt?

3. LatinLover

LatinLover Puppah Lover...

Walk in t-shirt, shorts and sandals all over the place

4. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah that is what i am thinking about doing. most people cheap out and spray down there cars. this has been the best year ever though, i am still working and it is near December. usually i am done being mobile sometime in October, weather has been great.

5. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I've started doing motorcycle salvage and online parts sales. Buying clean title race/street bikes and listing the separate parts on various avenues. Not licensed yet so I have to limit the number of unregistered vehicles for resale annually, but it will provide me income over my four slow months Nov-Feb.

Still do interior only and enclosed parking garage/commercial detailing work over the winter, but it's only about 30% of my regular sales.

6. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I bartend full time and detail on the side while I'm in grad school. When it gets cold I just pick up more hours at Olive Garden bartending.

7. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I just keep detailing.

I load my self up on the the nicer days to compensate for the slower ones. I carry a jack and stands and offer undercarriage cleaning to remove salt. Works well as an upsell.

8. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

I use my garage so the few regulars I have are covered. Plus ONR in hot water is a god send in cold weather. How's the weather down your way Scott?? It's fucking COLD up here in Little Rock.

9. Scottwax

Must be gratifying to help with all those marriage proposals.

10. Scottwax

Snowed Wednesday morning, highs have been in the 30s and 40s the last several days. It sucks.

11. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Snowed here night before last. 1" then it dropped to 23* last night. Hello winter....