GUN What do I need to do to Purchase a rifle in the state of Ca?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fordgasm, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Fordgasm

Fordgasm Mike Trout > All

Looking at buying a Mauser 98K. Just curious what classes I need to take or what not to purchase it.

2. JP

JP Active Member

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

besides that, you dont NEED anything, just read read read and try to find friends that are already in to the hobby to help you out.

it is very easy to do little things in this shit state that could make you a felon.

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Easiest way is must be 18, valid drivers licence, car registration, no felonies. If you have these things you are generally good to go for long guns in CA.

If you don't have a DL, or car registration (both have to be current with matching addresses) there are other documents that can be used but it is a pain for everyone involved, and a whole other topic. Plus I'm not going to type it up unless you need it.

Besides the no felonies there are other criteria regarding not being commited for mental health, etc. Again not going to type all that up unless you need it. No spousal abuse, even if it's a misdermeaner, blah blah blah.

In CA if your buying the rifle, generally fill out the paperwork, pay your money, they run your background/nic check, wait 10 days. If you don't get flagged within the 10 days you can pick up your rifle.

4. hypotenuse

hypotenuse New Member

The People Republic of Kalifornia has shitty gun laws all around. It is clearly not a free state. Considered moving lol?

5. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

This plus C&R rifles over 50 years old are cash & carry between private parties. [PC 12078(t)(2)]