GUN What do I have to do to assemble a PPSH from a parts kit and 80% Reciever?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lugoismad, Apr 11, 2007.

1. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

I'm considering building my own PPSH. You can get parts kit with everything (and the reciever gun in 3 places) for about $150 on gunbroker.

You can get Semi auto 80% Recievers for 200$ elsewhere. What does it take to do that extra %20? Can it be done with a dremel, is it just a few cuts...or what?

2. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

3. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Let me know if you find anything on them. I've toyed with building one after shooting a full auto at last years machinegun shoot.

4. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

I'm either buying an AK-74 or a PPSH in the next month or two. I haven't decided yet. A completely built semi auto PPSH goes for 699$ online. If I can build one for 350$ I'll do it. 80$ for 800 rounds of ammo kicks ass. Plus, its armor piercing, and you can get 70 round drums for it.

The AK74 on the other hand is bigger, ammo costs about the same right now (but fluctuatues, where as not as many people are buying up 7.62x25) I don't have a long range rifle, and the AK74 is accurate out to about 400 yards or so to center of mass. I could put a nice reflex sight on it, and have an uber reliable rifle. I'm not a huge fan of the AR-15 and its varients. I've shot them, I just don't like it too much at all. Plus, russian and eastern europe ammo is alot cheaper than 5.56

5. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

I read up more on it. Looks like welding is involved. Since I don't own a welder, there goes that plan.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

im building one right now. just need someone with a lathe to help a nga out.

7. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

Striker: Care to share any details?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  8. DarkalaOkiela

DarkalaOkiela THERE IS NO TIME!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Will require cutting bolt slot, ejection port, drilling of end cap retaining pin, final fitting and welding to complete.

Ok so from that, you can see that you at the minimum need a drill press. The best way to cut the bolt slot is on a milling machine. you can just drill a whole shitload of holes and file it though. Idealy you want to mill the slot. Welding isnt hard to do, and you can get a welder pretty cheap anymore.[/SIZE][/FONT]

9. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

What do you think, Striker? Would that qualify as a "project" :hsugh:

10. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Its a project. I know no one in here has ever had a project before so you wouldn't understand :) I have a full length receiver. I just need someone to help me extend my barrels, dont have a lathe.

11. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I think i might be selling my ppsh stuff if anyone is interested. Doesn't need much more to be finished. Extend barrel, weld in barrel support, maybe make a new striker, thats it