what do i do now?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ReFreshing, Jan 18, 2007.

1. ReFreshing

ReFreshing OT Supporter

So i was on the plane and a cute girl sits next to me. Shes older than me and we hit it off well. She was reading a book about guys with true stories of how to pick up girls lol. And so i was looking at her book and everything and and i "anything about how to pickup a girl on a plane?" and she laughs and stuff. We talk some more and she seems to be interested in me and talks about her family and stuff. We go to sleep and in the middle of the sleep she whispers in my ear that she wants to sleep on my shoulder. so i let her and later we wake up. Shes says she usually sits on window seats so she can lean on it to sleep. I say "ill be your window for today :naughty: " and she laughs. We sleep some more with her on my sohulder but now her arms ar around my arms while we sleep. And later she gets pretty close that i start to get hot from the bodyheat. We land and I ask her for her number cuz she didn't really offer it to me. She mentions that shes moving her stuff in a few days. I don't know what to do now do i call her? wait a couple days? help her move?

2. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

Well, from what you said, i would wait, because 1) thats normally the best thing to do and 2) she said shes moving her stuff, so she will probably be busy the next few days/week or so.

When you call her just say something like "Hey i was just seeing if you got moved in (or out) ok." Then go from there.

Best of luck

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

call her 3 days after you met her (not sure how long ago it was), ask her you'd really liek to take her out for a drink/dinner, whatever you want. Say you know "she must be tired and need a break from moving."

If she doesn't answer definitely leave her a message saying who you are, hope her moving is going well, and that you'd love to get together soon. Then it would just be up to her.

4. StopDrop&LOL

Im usually against leaving messages on the first call. It seems kind of desperate, but since she said she would be moving, she may have really missed it. After you leave a message though, dont keep calling.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

Him not leaving a message would be a mistake. This girl doesn't know his number and is not going to call back to find out. I'd be more weirded out if I saw the number and then the guy called back again. All he needs to do, state his purpose, and leave the next step up to her.

The first voice message is KEY.

6. StopDrop&LOL

You're right. I just thought most women that give out their number anticipate the phonecall. I guess leaving a message, since she doesnt have his number, would help. Carry on :o

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Ah, the tried and true first step. Here's a little info:

http://www.friendzoned.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

How that's? :bigthumb:

8. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Exactly.

I recommend you leave THIS message:

Hey, this is Jake, call me back. 555-555-5555. <click>

That's it. Nice and simple, not desperate, and makes her wonder what's up.

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I would recommend NOT calling within 3 days, because women expect this - as Lady Goodman pointed out. Go a little longer, 5-7 days should suffice. Besides, you KNOW she's busy moving.

How about say "I had a nice time on the plane, and think we should go on a date." Name the place, date, and time. Be decisive!

Again, leave an extremely brief message with just the details. Don't be a "spoiler".

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  10. iwishyouwerebeer

hah, I wouldn't care if I was moving. Girls don't like to wait a whole fucking week for a phone call guys.

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

That's exactly correct! But, if you were really into him, you'd be glad he called and would still go on a date with him, right? :x:

12. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Although since we are talking about a hypothetical man toward whom you have no feelings or attraction...

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Hmm, maybe so. However I'd probably be more insecure with thoughts like "why did it take so long for him to call?" or "maybe he doesn't like me very much." Girls really don't like to be called a week later. If we wanted the "chase" we'd have asked for the number so we could call whenever.

14. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yes, you would be insecure, but you would also be thinking about him (assuming you liked him.) This very thought process is self-hypnotic and leads you to be MORE interested in him when he does call. Now, granted, if you were not thinking about him, and hence were not interested in him, it wouldn't matter.

Women get bored, you know, and if you do the same thing as every other guy then you are predictable. No one really likes predictable. Imagine going to a movie, and knowing from the beginning how it was going to end. You've been to movies where you just KNOW what is going to happen, and it ruins the suspense. Now imagine being in a relationship with someone where you KNOW it's going to be the same old thing every day. Predictability is the killer of relationships.

Ever see people who try to make a "schedule" when their relationship is in the crapper? "Monday: TV night. Tuesday: Movie night Wednesday: Sushi night" etc. That's the killer right there. You have to shake things up, be spontaneous, be unpredictable, and make people have something to THINK about.

You're darn right they don't, but of the women who I have called 10-14 :eek3: days later, I have always gotten a date. Their interest level has always been high, and the dates have all been great.

Women don't want the chase, so much as the unknown - to some extent.

15. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I should add - one thing I learned a really long time ago was that the guys who were NOT being boring and predictable were the guys getting dates and getting laid. I would do everything to be nice to women, and it worked. The problem was they had nothing to think about or talk to their friends about.

Example: I bought her dinner. Result: Nothing.
    Example 2: Pete stood her up for dinner. Result: She talked about it with her friends (and me :rolleyes: ) for hours, and then had to go find Pete to confront him about it. She ended up dating him for 2 years, even though he did stuff like this.

Realization: If a woman is talking about you, even in a negative sense, it's self-hypnotic for her. It will make you the fore-front of her world. If she is not thinking about you and not talking about you, then you do not exist.

16. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

The first message really is important. Dont tell my boyfriend but ive still got his first message to me saved on my phone. When he called, I saw the number and thought it might be him but i wasnt sure as i didnt have his number, so I chose to not answer. this will very likely happen to you.

You need to leave more of a message than that. Remind her that you met on the plane, ask her how the moving is going and offer to take her to coffee. If the message didnt have any other details than your name and number, i may not call you back.

I agree with who ever said a simple date is best to start with.

my first date with my current boyfriend, we met for coffee, ended up going out to dinner, then to cd store, then a stroll around in the twilight, then back to the coffee place. then to my place :big grin:

If the date had sucked, it would have ended at coffee, you would have had a chance to spend some time with her without breaking your bank. its not being cheap, its common sense

17. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

In practice, I've had much better results with short messages than long messages. Is it the *rule*? No, of course not.

I find that the short message builds anticipation on her part and leads to her (1) calling back because you don't sound desperate and (2) makes her wonder what you want and (3) you're not being invasive ... among other reasons.

The point is to have a life and not be stuck on thinking about every little detail about when you are going to call her, what you're going to say, and OMG what if she picks up, etc. Make your intentions clear. Call her. Ask her on a date, get off the phone. You don't have to be short/curt/rude about it, you do want to flirt and joke a little when you get her in person. However, if she doesn't pick up it could be a sign that she is not very interested in you.

If you judge a woman's interest level properly, you can increase your level of success with meeting quality women as well. There is no reason to waste time on a woman who is not interested in you, nor is there a reason to waste her time. The less time you waste, the more time you can get to know her.

18. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

watch swingers, that will explain what to do

19. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Or what not to do (when he's calling his ex.) ;)

20. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: Anyone worth talking to will leave a message.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

so wtf did you do?

22. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Why didn't you kiss her?

23. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

did you call her?

24. SC4Hundred

SC4Hundred New Member

call within a week