SRS what do i do about my youngest sister who's ruining my family?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by moses, Jun 24, 2006.

1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

She lives with my parents, she's addicted to either herion or speed depending on the quarter of the year. abuses them, steals their shit, has people over at my parents house constantly. some convicted felons or wanted felons in another case.

My brother lives with my parents right now and he's caught in the middle of this because he won't stand for it and he'll try to tell my parents and my mom is fucking psycho and just cries and makes hiim out to be the bad person. its fucked up... he's mad all the time and she's crying all the time. i don't know what the fuck to do, my mom is in serious denial about it i guess and is just happy knowing my sister is alive and not OD'd somewhere. My sisters exbf died a few years back from an OD and apparently my sister doesn't give a shit about life anymore or something.. i don't know.

Anyway my parents are leaving on vacation tomorrow and that leaves my brother home with my sister at my parents house for a week. god only knows whats going to happen while they're gone.

has anyone gone thru this shit before?

2. beefarinos

beefarinos New Member

Not exactly the same, sister in-law married with two kids. Both her and her husband were addicted to meth and they basically lived off my wife's grandparents. The grandparents paid bills, baby sat, litterally killing themselves to take care of my sister-in-law...although it was more for the great-grandkids.

You need to seek help from an organization that has delt with this and knows how to deal with it. Narcotics Anonymous is a good place to start. They should have resources to use to bring this to the parents attention.

You can't just expect the parents to acknowledge the drug problem without giving them help with how to address it. Most likely they are denying the situation because they love their child and don't know how to handle the situation if they were to face the fact that she is an addict.

Just a thought.

3. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Seconded!

How about "Turn you sister in to the Law"? Now there's a thought!! If she's locked up, she can't be doing drugs....well, not at your Mom's house anyway. Bust her ass.

4. Clarity

Clarity New Member

5. Dream

Dream New Member

Sorry to say, but this may be the best option. No parent wants to do this to their own child, but a sibling could take the heat for it. (I could and would). It's harsh, I know, but my sister was an addict and committed suicide, so how would that make a parent feel, right?

6. Fiya

Fiya Guest

are your parents or were your parents ever addicted to drugs or alcohol?

7. Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat New Member

i agree with turning her in. you also may want to think about an involuntary Marchman Act admission. here is the information on it. though you will have to search google for one in your area.

http://www.clerk.co.okeechobee.fl.us/Marchman_act.htm

8. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

That's an excellent idea...she doesn't go to jail per se, but she does get the opportunity to get the help she obviously needs, and it gets her out of your Mother's house.

BTW - it seems as though your Mother may need some counseling as well. After you get your sister in, an obvious secondary step is for some family counseling....hopefully together all of you can help you sister and your Mom.

You might want to start at this web site...I noticed you live in Dallas.

http://www.stopaddiction.com/states/texas_drug_rehab_info.html

Look at the invernetion assessment page.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Personally i think your sister should be treated into a drug clinic as soon as possible, Im moving this to road to recovery because its about how to deal with a drug addict.

10. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i don't think so. Niether are smokers, or have done illegal drugs to my knowledge. My mother is a complete square with the once in a blue moon margarita, my father does not drink anymore and hasn't for a long time, i think he maybe use to drink regularly but not since i can remember.

My uncle was an alcholic and died from it, so i know there is an addictive gene in the family, but i haven't seen it in my immediate family outside of my sister.

11. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

we've been there and tried that, she checked herself out because it was "too hard" and she was getting beat up or something, so my parents allowed her to get checked out, even after all the money they spent :sad2:

12. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Then you've probably done all you can. Wish them all luck and go on with your life.

13. ad kapone

ad kapone New Member

turn her in to the authorities. Recovery is for people who want it, which she doesn't, so make her hit bottom so there is no other way.