GUN What do I buy next?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Landfill, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Landfill

Landfill New Member

Holiday pay is here and its time to buy my Christmas present to myself but with the new president aside since I am in a good place with my guns what should I get next?

Smith 357 J-Frame of some sort?
    Springfield M1A?
    VZ-58?
    WASR2? (Assuming I can even find one)

2. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

J-frame probably the last HG to be banned.
    M1A - not seeing this getting banned either
    VZ-58 - why not an AK? Spare parts easier to get for an AK.
    WASR2 - :bigthumb:

3. Landfill

Landfill New Member

AK's 7.62 is banned in Connecticut, I fucking hate this state and will probably move somewhere else not only is it one of the most expensive places to live in the cost of living but we have some of the most fucked up gun laws ever.

4. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Oh that sucks hard...
    Do they classify Saiga 7.62 as AK 7.62? Before conversion of-course.

5. I vote for the M1A Scout Squad. I am in love with that rifle.

6. Landfill

Landfill New Member

Its not specifically listed, however its anything that is branded with any form of AK-47 Type or variants of such model. The VZ-58 is legal because its not a stamped ak-47 type which is just down right retarded. I know one of the State Police detectives that works in the firearms unit and they said that collapsible stocks are illegal because they can be rapidly assembeld and can be shortened to be hidden, yet there is no law on stock length so having an ace entry stock on my AR (shorter than a fully collasped stock) is legal since its fixed.

Here is the Connecticut General Statute regarding "Assault Weapons" I know its a bit long sorry maybe someone can find a loophole or make sugguestions.

Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definition. (a) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, "assault weapon" means:

(1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;

(2) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

(3) Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection that meets the following criteria:

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A bayonet mount;

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) A grenade launcher; or

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or

(C) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and

(iv) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

(4) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

(b) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, the term "assault weapon" does not include any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable.

7. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

I think buying Saiga in your state may be pushing it. :hs:

Instead of M1A, why not a M1 Garand from CMP? Can't go wrong w/ Garand. :drool:

8. Landfill

Landfill New Member

Oh I am sure it would, there is nothing more in the world that would make me happier than owning an AK.

I honestly don't know what im going to go out and buy, I have about an extra 3k to play with so I don't want to skimp either way, and get something really nice.

9. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

about how much i'm gonna drop on an m14/m1a this xmas break

10. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

I don't see the M1A going anywhere either. In its core form there is very little about it that a lib could find to be scary.

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:coold: Fulton or LRB?

12. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Its killed people in battle :noes:

13. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Good point, if they ban all "military" arms, then say good bye to M1A and garand even.

14. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Isnt that what obama said weapons used on battlefields dont belong on our streets?

15. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Yes, so technically, he can ban Remington 700 too. :mamoru:

16. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I think every gun owner should have a Mini-14.

17. Joe_Cool

Because, unlike the AR-15, it fires every time you pull the trigger, even if it hasn't had its twice-daily cleaning.

18. Joe_Cool

I know exactly where mine are going. Where the hell do you guys get the idea a Mini-14 can't shoot straight?

19. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

M1A = :wackit:+ :drool:

20. Keesh

Keesh New Member

:rofl:

21. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

LRB :eek3:

22. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: they're local to me. I have a Fulton I love I got in a trade but if I were to be laying out the cash for one I'd got LRB too.

23. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl:

24. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

at this point, from my basic calculations based on the prices posted online, it's cheaper going LRB since Fulton upped their prices within the past 6 months.

Do you think it would be better to go w/ a DMR profile barrel that is chrome lined 1-11, or a Medium weight barrel that is NM quality but is only chrome-moly 1-12?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  25. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When I traded for mine I think they were going for $1900 n change, $2500 now :eek3: Mines got the 22" 1/12 NM quality chrome lined. If I were piecing together new rifle to be built I'd go with the DMR or Krieger if I was shooting it long range and had the extra cash, I can't complain about the NM qual barrel though its done great for the ranges I've shot it at upto 400yds, I need good glass for it before I think about upping the barrel.