What do college girls look for in a 21 year old guy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by schmitty101, Sep 3, 2009.

1. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

I'm very curious about this. My first girlfreind/first love broke up with me about 4 months ago. I'm ready to move on now but I'm just so fucking bad at talking to girls. I don't know shit about what they want or what I need in order to establish a relationship. I've overcome my fear of talking to girls. I've approached about 5-6 really good looking girls in the last few months and have had some really good conversations and made some good connections. I've learned a lot from those. However, every time I want to take it to the next level I start thinking about my shitty situation in life and how i'm gonna get involved with this girl and she will eventually realize how shitty my life is right now. I will tell you guys these facts about myself and if you could please just tell me what I need to do:

Good:

Tall
    Good physical condition
    Good looking

Bad:

Broke
    Drive a shitty car
    Have legal problems right now
    Hate my family and won't bring a girl home because of it
    No friends of my own

Am I just psyching myself out when I think to myselft that I should resolve these issues before dating someone? Or are these real issues that need to be fixed before I get myself out there? What are some problems that I'd for sure run into if I got into another relationship?

2. outlaws

outlaws C.R.E.A.M.

they want your cock

3. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

:werd:

4. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

mate your life, except for legal issues (mine are financial) represents mine almost like looking in a mirror

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

you could be a lot worse off and still getting laid like a rock star. girls above all things look for "confidence," which, to me, is just a code word for a bunch of subtle behavioral patterns.

6. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Aka, don't over think your problems and pitfalls. Which the OP clearly is.

Get over them. If you are letting them get you down, your lady friends are gonna notice. Just remember that dirt broke felons who can barely write a sentence are getting laid with strippers right now. You might have things going against you in the white middle class sense of things, but in large terms you're doing just fine if you are in physically good shape.

In the 4 months since you've broken up with your GF, i hope you've been improving yourself and made yourself at least somewhat more sociable/interesting than before BTW

7. LatinLover

LatinLover Puppah Lover...

8. freckleface

freckleface expose the raw nerve and get on with our lives...

1st your looking way to hard!!!! Attitude is perception so if you think you are not worth anything chances are your attitude shows that!

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

21 year old college girls for the most part aren't really thinking about marriage, even if they act or talk about wanting a serious relationship.

As long as you are remotely attractive, confident as hell, and don't give a fuck about the little thing-you will come off as really hot.

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Why do you have no friends?

If I met a girl who had no friends but lived in the area for a while it'd make me analyze her closer, like a Seinfeld episode. Like are you socially inept, or someone who fucked over all their friends, or ...? It's kinda weird to not have friends.

But if you are just new to town or something then that isn't really even a con.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

:werd:

12. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

Personally, I would get your shit together thats bothering you before looking for another GF.

Maybe this is because of where I live and where I go to school, but most girls worth anything would not give you the time of day with all that stuff going on around here.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm not so much enamored of the cheap and widespread "1st-fix-yourself" advice.

14. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Why? There is a lot of truth in it. Whenever you are fishing for something you have to tailor the bait to what you want to catch. You could use shitty bait and catch sun fish and rock bass all day, but their a shitty catch. If you want something bigger and better you have to use the bait that will attract them.

15. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

I think you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. don't worry about what they will think. Just tell them your situation, if they really do like you they will fully understand. There's nothing wrong with being honest and genuine.

16. Reign

Reign Banned

They don't because you're broke dicks. They go after 27 year olds, that work out all the time and have a decent job (even if it is the Navy) like me.

17. THoC

THoC New Member

arent you the dude from the shitty 1 year thread in the asylum?

if so... id say they are not looking for you.

you need to get your shit under control first.

this of course is all assuming you're looking for a relationship not just a fuck.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:uh: I just realized too this guy was formerly "family guy." I've been telling this kid to get his shit together for like 2 years now....yet somehow that hasn't sunk in.

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

get the friends thing under control. Thats an actual issue.

other then that, who gives a damn? your in college.. at least you have a car.

20. JohnJohnJohnson

Mostly it's what iwywb said before about being very confident (take "confidence" to mean what you will). In your fishing analogy, the quality of the bait improves the quality of the catch. I agree. But I don't think the guy's objective qualities (such as his legal status and number of friends) are the bait. The bait is just his "confidence."

You might say that confidence is something you get when you have fixed up your life. Again I agree. But you can get confidence, specifically confidence with ladiez, a lot faster by making yourself socialize and hit on attractive women than by doing other things.

At this point you (or somebody) will say that confidence from pick-up is all well and good for fucking quality women, but it's superficial; deep down you are still fucked up; so you are unable to handle the emotions of romance with quality women.

On this point I disagree. Handling your emotions in a relationship is like basketball. You get better with practice. Not only do you get better with practice, but you *don't* get better by practicing unrelated things. Fixing your finances won't make you better equipped in a basketball game, at least not in itself. It won't make you better equipped for romance, either. The only thing that equips you for romance is romantic experience.

If anything, the opposite effect is true: being bad at romance can make you bad at the rest of life.

Finally, I don't see the logistical need to clear up your life before seeing a girl. If you only have a few hours of free time to see a girl each day, you're like a million other couples. Even if you only have some time on the weekend. Whatever. Romance and sex can be part of any lifestyle. Could the OP find time to play video games, read books, and procrastinate? Logistically I don't see an issue, either.

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I agree with you on all points. I was going to add a bit about the bait being confidence, but you can be as confident in your fishing skill as you want and not catch anything :rofl: so I left it out.

22. schmitty101

Every time I think I turned a corner I end up just going back to being depressed and angry. This times I feel more sure than ever before that i've changed. I've felt like this for a good 2 months now so I think it's real. However, all this bullshit that i'm going through is dragging me back down and i was just curious if it would make me an ass if I were to get involved with someone given my current state. I was also curious about the "no friends" thing but apparently that's not a big deal.

23. Aww_Kittah_Aww

Aww_Kittah_Aww Active Member

Coming from a guy who is also recently out of my first serious relationship.... college girls are looking for CONFIDENCE. The more confident I act in social situations such as clubs the more they're interested in you.

Don't be afraid of being shut down a few times. It's not the end of the world and since you're in college there's plenty of girls to choose from.

24. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

have you talked to anyone about being depressed? if you cant get yourself out of it, you need to go talk to someone.

i think its better that you figure your depression and anger issues out before you try and date someone seriously.

then, just be who you are. you want to be with a girl who likes you for you, not you for what you pretend to be

25. schmitty101

Yeah a lot of people on this forum told me to get professional help. So I finally went to see a psychiatrist and all that fucking happened was that the crook took my money ($360) for a 45 minute sit down talk and just prescribed me some medication. It was a complete waste of time and money. Never again.

Whatever, I'm good now. Just back to my original question I just wanted to know if I should even bother dating when I'm in a position like i'm in right now and the answer to me is "no".