MMA what did you guys think of Ultimate fight night 3?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Jan 17, 2006.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I've seen 5 fights, not sure if there are any more...

I found all of them pretty exciting, except Tim Sylvia's fight. They really have to get some better heavyweights.

Anyways I am going to upload these fights soon (uploading baret yoshida's armbars/triangles now)

2. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

overall i guess it was ok...the "historic" announcement was really disappointing though

3. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

i liked bonnar's kimura on irvin. That was nice to see. People give up on using textbook jiu jitsu.. but it really works great. I think fickett couldve escaped that guillotine but its hard to see how when youre not looking at it from the third person. Ludwig's knockout was a little underwhelming.. it looked like goulet just gave up. i thought overall it was entertaining. people expect way too much.

and i feel bad for royce.. the guy has some balls but he's going to get finished in this fight

4. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

It was ok for FREE tv... The fights were REALLY short, but fairly action packed... The main event was a bit of a sleeper... I agree the UFC's heavyweight division is pretty lame (Arvloski is a beast and Mir ain't bad though)... Huge disappointment on the big announcement...

5. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Major Point; it is free TV... After it was all done I was wishing I had been watching re-runs of unleashed, at least that gets the heart rate going. I am sorry but I was bored! My opinion is this...

You take UFC to the world of cable viewers for free and hope to recruit more people to purchase PPV events but come on! Give us some fights like last time (I.E. Diego VS. Diaz) that was good fight night TV. If I had never watched UFC before I would not be pulling teeth for another event after that. And the announcement? Thank god they didn't save that for Feb 4th to announce because people would have been even more disappointed. I personally believe Gracie will take him and I think if anyone can get in Matts head it is Royce.

What did I enjoy? The Kimura...
    What was the worst? Every Spike event gets more and more commercials.

2 Hour event, 32 minutes of fighting and related stuff. 16 Burger King Commercials... Someone needs to get the King in the Ring :)

6. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

The commercials don't really bother me as long as the event is free

7. PureZ

PureZ New Member

I was a little disappointed at Bonner. He said he was gonna trade punches with Irvin. You cant blame him for the take down and kimura but he kinda pussed out. If you watch the fight carefully, right when Irvin landed a clean punch Bonner got shook and took him down seconds after. Good fight though. I wanted to see what heat Irvin packed.

8. cabbage

cabbage Current USGA index 2.7 OT Supporter

So you are disappointed in a guy because he took a chance to submit someone instead of turning it into a boxing match? You must be a new fight fan.

9. chackrafool

chackrafool New Member

I enjoyed all the fights except Sylvia's fight. I aint mad at him though he had the reach advantage so he was just keeping with his game plan and not going to the ground (even if it meant grabbing on the fence).
    I think I'm probably the only one here who liked the big announcement :o Royce Gracie is a legend and for somebody who watched the UFC from the very beginning it's exciting to see him back in the ring. Granted he's old, the competition is better, and the no-gi rule. I'm hoping he's evolved with the times.

10. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

bonnar's kimura was the only exciting part of the night for me :wtc:

11. PureZ

PureZ New Member

In new fight fan if you mean in the days that Royce won the whole thing and you can only watch it ppv, yea im new. Im also a practitioner, not someone who sits there watching and shadow boxing....pretending. Like I said, you cant blame Bonner for the kimura, he did in fact do what he had to do. But the fact is that Bonner as well as Irvin and every other person out there thought it was gonna be a stand up war. Bonner himself said it in an interview. That being said I have nothing against Bonner and am indifferent about both fighters but Bonner didnt just "come across" the leg and take him down. He worked for it and that was precisely his intentions after he got that solid shot from Irvin.

And yea I was disappointed in Bonner, go give him a hug.

12. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Bang's KO woulda been cool except I looked away for a second and missed it:hs:

13. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

14. JustGod

JustGod New Member

I thought it was very average.

15. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Yeah, real average. I fucking hate Sylvia and his stupid long ass reach. Silva had to jump to land blows to the head, and when he could have had that takedown Sylvia turned into a bitch and grabbed fence. Man I can't wait till Arlovski pounds him again.
    As for the rest, eh nothing spectacular at all. Boner's kimura was fun...

16. A win is a win. That kimura was beautifully done. Irvin should've tapped pretty much right as he completely locked it behind his back but it was exciting to watch him struggle to break free while knowing that his shoulder was getting torn apart. That is a tough man and it was a good fight

If Bonnar is going to have a chance against Liddell or Couture he's going to have to have a solid ground game.

17. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I couldn't agree more about Sylvia, grabbing the fence may have been the biggest BS I have seen. Takes the slap to the hand to avoid what WOULD have happened when Silva got him to the ground. Arlovski is going to punish him, rightly so though because his belief that he is the champ needs to be squashed. How about the UFC finds some real heavy weights so Arlovski has some competition, I fear we will lose him to Pride soon if we don't.