MIL What did you do the night of MEPS Hotel?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fintheman, Jul 9, 2006.

1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

I think this setup a precusor to me having a horrible time my first few days.

I was scheduled to ship on April 8, 2003.

Stay at the MEPS hotel the night of April 7th.

Well,

The night before on the 6th, I don't recall sleeping much at all, I was at parties here and there and just living it up. Then I was able to gather all of my things, etc., and left for the hotel by my own car (parents picked it up).

The night of MEPS hotel was crazy. Everyone's friends were coming in, people were drinking. I met two guys going into the Army who made the decision of dropping acid before they left (wtf) So, met all kinds of people and just partied it up and said bye to my friends. I went to sleep at 4am, woke up an hour or two later.

So, we take the charter to MEPS, and then we start doing all the paperwork and crap, etc., We get to the Airport, I'm with a few other USAF guys. Get on the plane, fly to Houston first than to Lackland. Again, no sleep.

So, we get to the Airport, TI had already made an example of one person, and if you left for the Air Force on April 8th, 2003, you KNOW EXACTLY who I am talking about. (Trainee Legit reports as orders sir) who ended up having to say that until he get to the base.

We walked outside to the buses, and they are all hurriying us up and what not. Dogs with the K9 SP's I guess just to help us make sure we get on. So, we get there, start inprocessing, stand at the line, asked if we played instruments (NEVER JOIN THAT OR SAY YOU DO). So, there is mass confusion, and I was told to move "there" I had no clue where, so I decided to board a bus with the other group of people heading there. WE get on the bus, and TI's do a headcount. They notice they are extra one person. I'm not thinking much at this point. Then they do it again, and then they start calling out the names.

My name was not on the list. Want to talk about the worst feeling in the world. Fuck. So, TI's is yelling his ass off at me, tells me to get off and drop my luggage. So I just do that. Get off the bus and dropped my luggage RIGHT THERE. He comes out yelling, "dumb-fuck, get it and bring it over there and go back in." So........I'm already like, jesus christ, I am going to die. We get back in and start improcessing, etc., like madman, doing all that same BS. So, we ended up inprocessing, WITH NO SLEEP, yes, I had not slept in 3 night straight, I was getting dizzy everytime I stood up and had to hit myself in the face and wet my face every other few minutes to stop myself from sleeping. So, by 8 that night, we finally tuck in, and I get to sleep. I ended up waking up at 3am, I don't know how, but I was looking around and saw the dorm guard peep from the 5th week and talked to him for a few then pissed and went back to bed. They let us sleep until 8am, that was a godsend.

Any other fun MEPS stories?

2. darnit

darnit New Member

got laid... women were much easier then..the worst thing you could get was a case of yellow leg ugly..

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I didn't do much of anything any of the three times I did the MEPS hotel thing. First time (1977 for DEP) I walked around downtown Denver like a tourist. Second time (1978 for AF Basic) I did the same thing in Los Angeles. The last time (this year for Army Reserves) I had a few beers with a friend in downtown Charlotte.

Air Force reception wasn't friendly, but they could learn a helluva lot from Army about how to get you in the proper frame of mind. Our bus from the Louisville KY airport to Ft. Knox had someone that had gone AWOL and was turning himself in. They cleared 3 rows at the front of the bus, and he sat in the very front row. When we got to the gate guard shack, the MPs and a DS were waiting for him. We got a 15 minute demonstration of "SEE THIS GUY - YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE THIS GUY - BECAUSE IF YOU DO WHAT THIS GUY HAS DONE YOU WILL EVENTUALLY COME BACK HERE AND I WILL FUCK YOU UP!!" :hsugh:

We didn't get any sleep that night (in-processing ftl), nor the next night (reception wannabe-Drill Sgts ftl). All-in-all, everyone that was on the same flight from MEPS that I was on went about 34 hours without sleep.

Fun times. :bigok:

4. mtnbike4522

mtnbike4522 CelicaTech.com

Was in Butte Montana, went to the bar and drank, and played the slots.

5. RRTX

RRTX New Member

We walked around the Dallas west end, nothing spectacular. I was only DEP for 16 days so I had just been there and had done pretty much the same thing that time too.

6. Clix

Clix New Member

All my got so far is my physical/ASVAB story. In a couple days ill have my "going to basic" :wavey:

This one is mildly entertaining.

So right now im in IL and the local MEPS station is in St. Louis. Our recuiter told us to be there by 11 but he was picking me up since my car is in TX. I completely oversleep when he was going to pick me up, I live right now in basement of my moms house so I didnt even hear him at the door. He called my cell and I woke up. So not starting off to well.

Get to the recruiter station the bus is late to pick us up :o so me and this guy that we referred each other are chatting away and this guy has been working for the post office for 10 years, hes telling my recruiter and a Sgt about some crazy stuff, asking questions about him able to have guns, ect. Get on the bus and we make it 20 miles and we gotta go somewhere else cuase another bus forgot some kid (Not exactly sure how but it happens I guess). After a crappy ride for 4 hours we get to St. Louis. We got 5 guys on the bus that are shipping out so they let them off at the hotel. The guy that came down with me from my recruiter station and me dont hear the guy if you are taking the test stay on. We hear something about is you need to take a piss and people are getting off so yeah. After 4 hours of bouncing around and crap we gotta go so we get off. We walk into the hotel and we see people get back on the bus and leave. We are kinda like uhh :noes:. We go check into our room about to eat and a guy ask us where we are shipping off to, I tell him we are hear for the test/phsyical hes all just :mamoru: at us.

We freak out and like well our recruiter is gonna kick our ass. We call him they call the bus driver, 40 minutes later we get picked up. Ended up we were the last 2 people admitted for the ASVAB.

Next day for the physical was sucky but it was to be expected. Sucked though for the guy I came don with. They lost all his paperwork and nearly lost mine (A sgt from our recruiting station caught mine before something happened to it from what I heard). Ended up being pretty cool though. The night before I went and saw the arch and looked around downtown St. Louis. Didnt have alot of time to do much though.

Im hopin maybe when I go back down I can take a disposable camera :x: and take pictures of the architecture (my college major so St. Louis was really cool to me).

7. dura

dura Guest

Nothing exciting happened. The only exciting part was during the physical, when I was the only person with a dick tarp on. I was all like :noes: and hated my recruiter for saying they were required.

8. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

only thing big that happened for me was i ironically watched the sex and the city episode where fleet week is going on and all the chicks bang sailors :kdubb:

actually got some recently because a chick watched that episode and wants to be just like them heh

9. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

I didn't have to spend the night. I went out with my friends the night before and banged this chick ten minutes before I left for the airport. I knew it was going to be like ~16 weeks and I wanted to live while I still could.

10. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I had my next door neighbor/GF come down and we hung out for a while. The 2nd night she came back over to say goodbye for real. The next morning we all went to the airport and I left for the Army by myself. No one was leaving day with me :( lol

11. evan2

evan2 Guest

i was only about an hour drive from my meps so my recruiter just picked me up from my house and drove me
    i was in dep for about a year, prob one of the longest he ever had

12. kazimer

kazimer New Member

watched law and order for the entire night :o
    the fucking MEPS people made it be known that i was going to OCS after basic so stayed away from me :wtc:

13. Ranger-AO

:ugh: what the fuck is a dick tarp? :rofl:

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I slept in a run down roach motel in Montgomery MEPS.

15. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Nothing, it sucked

16. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

Didn't do much. Stayed the night at the Pittsburgh AF Reserve base. Went to the gym, chow hall, and watched tv.

17. dura

dura Guest

Skin-tight white underwear.

18. Jyokker

Duck-walk.

19. Clix

Clix New Member

OK guys whos had their balls and buttholes checked?!?!

*slaps on latex glove*

20. Jyokker

Mine said "ok turn around and touch your toes", then as soon as I touched my toes he said "Ok, pull 'em up and youre done" I'm not even sure he looked. You could tell he was uncomfortable with the whole thing.

I heard the other doc was very thorough.

21. Clix

Clix New Member

Well the staff at MEPS when I was there was short handed. There was all of 4 people running the whole thing but they had 5 doctors there. 2 people are tying coral like 50-60 of us into a line so one of the doctors just shouted that out.

The actual exam he did the same thing.

There was one guy there though that had to have a real exam. Sucks for that guy to. Dude was in the army reserves for 20 years and quit to find out they only counted 18 1/2 years of "good" service. So at 42 hes joining back up to finish out his 20. He came out of the exam room all like "man I got jello in my butthole still". It was really funny.

22. Ranger-AO

Where's a :roflcry: when I need one. :hsugh:

23. Clix

Clix New Member

Poor Ranger :sadwavey:

24. Jyokker

Did you lose a bout with jello jigglers?

25. Ranger-AO

The doc said my prostate was nice and firm. :wtc: