SRS what did it take.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 1badbird, Oct 21, 2007.

1. 1badbird

1badbird New Member

I was interested in knowing how long you had said addiction, at what age you stopped, and was there some significant event that caused stopping.

2. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

when i realized my life was too crazy to accomplish anything. everything was substituted with the drug. breakfast? no, snort some blow. hang with friends? fuck that, id rather (insert drug here).

my friends mean a lot to me, and when i realized i was losing at a lot of people i stopped before i lost two friends of mine (who are now very very close to me, i fuckin live with them and their family cuz mine sucks) and im glad i did. granted......i did start up again but im just explaining how i quit the first time

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

8 or so years, i was 18 years old with felony warrants, no home and i didn't want to use drugs anymore, but i couldn't stop.

something was certainly awry.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  4. 88 Notch

88 Notch New Member

I was dependent on alcohol pretty much from the time I started to drink, around age 15. Got sober at 31. My health was starting to go, had wicked hangovers, was becoming too sick to work, had basically no friends left, family was worried sick about me, was basically suicidal.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I had my first drink of alcohol around the age of 12-14. I didn't like it much. I started drinking on a semi-regular basis around 16. I continued to drink more and more up until I was 26 or 27 years old. So that's 10+ years. BUt the thing is, I did a lot of really, really hard drinking in the latter years of my drinking.

Diseases like alcoholism progress at different rates for everyone....some start right off drinking alcoholically others take years. Everyone is different and yet, quite amazingly, we all have similar experiences emotionally.

I stopped when I had to....I was given an ultimated by my brother who was also my boss. He said I had to either quit drinking or quit my job. It fucking sucked and I really was pissed at him for a long time. Thankfully tho, I chose my job over alcohol but then I had a problem....how was I going to stay away from it?? He really helped me tremendously with that and I was able to get and stay sober.

6. okietiger

okietiger New Member

started drinking when I was 12 or 13. Drinking helped me get out of the so called shell I was in. Was a daily drinker for many years, it grabbed hold of my life and I made allot of bad decisions. Finally after a bad marriage, bad relationships, bad decisions I asked my higher power for help and the answer came june 11th 2005. Havent had a drink since.