COMIC What did I miss?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Siddhartha, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Sunflower (0f Death)

A little background:

I'm 37 and grew up loving comics (LSH and Xmen were favorites). The last time I faithfully followed comics was at the conclusion of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I recently received WarSkrull access and I've read Infinite Crisis and just started 52... am I on the right track to catching up or should I start somewhere else?

Has anything earth-shattering happened since then that I need to know about or do you think I'll be able to pick it up pretty well? Guide me, OT.

2. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

hulk's gonna break the world for he is"

THE WORLD BREAKER

3. Malkav

Malkav New Member

Well if you are looking for Earth Shattering, I guess I would say go with Avengers Disassembled, The House of M (especially if you were into the X-Men), and Civil War. That is the order you would want to do them in though since they follow each other (at least I think it is Disassembled and then House, but I could be wrong). Annihilation is also a good storyline that has some huge impacts and is happening at the same time as Civil War. Civil War isn't the greatest, but it does have a lot of good moments to it.

4. Siddhartha

Holy crap 11GB. That's alot of info, thanks.

5. Malkav

Malkav New Member

It's sort of a test to see if you are really committed to know what is going on in the Marvel Universe. If you are willing and able to download the entire thing on your first try, then you will have proven yourself. Of what I don't know, but it sounds good.

6. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

If you'd want to continue on the DC side of things, read Countdown as well, and there are still some updates in the DC pages. Check 'em out. Specially, specially the Sinestro arc in Green Lantern that is coming out soon =D
    It's without doubt the best DC has produced in a long time, specially compared to what Marvel is coming up with these days...

7. Siddhartha

Awesome... thanks for all the great tips.

8. axio

axio New Member

Yeah, DC is pulling ahead of Marvel storywise. Their new JSA series is great in comparison to JLA, X-Men, etc.