What did i get myself into..damn black trucks

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by pl_silverado, Mar 22, 2009.

1. pl_silverado

pl_silverado OT Supporter

It's been a while since i posted in here...:rofl:

So im finally getting around to doing a full detail on my sisters truck which i purchased last summer. She doesn't really give a shit about paint care, go figure, she's 17.

I used my rotary with 3m foam pads.
    I compunded the hood today with 3m perfect it 2, hit it with some 3m machine glaze, then souveran, topped with megs # 16.

While it looks tons better, theres still spider webs. Is there anything i can do to get rid of those damn spiderwebs. Calling Scottwax :mamoru:

Its an 01 Chevy 2500HD Turbo Diesel in black, my guess is all the spider webbing is due to the heavy hauling it did in its previous life (engine gets pretty hot) combined with never being waxed..with the sun hitting it and bird shit...ugh.
    The hood is in the worst shape and i have a feeling im going to be respraying it myself :noes:, the rest of the truck is clean, just your usual swirls and light scratches.

Im taking my time, it's gonna be another day or two before im done. Then im doing my 2500HD.

Heres a before picture. I'll snap some afters when im done.

[​IMG]

This one is next :noes:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars #105 and a yellow Meguiars polishing pad should do the trick.

There are a couple threads on http://autopia.org about using #105 with the Kevin Brown method. Best one is in the machine polishing section. Pretty much liquid sandpaper. :eek3:

3. pl_silverado

^ i will hit up the megs distributor on monday and give it a shot, will probably pick up some 205 so i can finish it off nicely.

thanks Scott.

4. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

You guys love your diesels and allison transmissions. What are you guys in the business of towing?

5. pl_silverado

I do some towing here and there :bigthumb: Truck about paid for itself already..and yes, i love my duramax & allison trans. It's my daily driver.

My sisters truck, well i bought that for her so she can tow her horse to the shows she wants to go to since i don't feel like taking her and no way in hell she's taking my blue truck.

Im looking for a 3500 dually to get back into towing :noes:

Once you go diesel you'll never go back. ;)

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Whoa... I just went over and looked at that; freaking AWESOME!

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/116878-surbuf-pad-paired-m105-pc-defect-killer.html

Too bad I haven't been allowed on Autopia for a few years now (that prick David B. hates me for some reason, :mamoru:)

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I want to try those SurBuf pads. Apparently there is a local dealer in Fort Worth. I'll give them a call this coming week and see what they have in stock.

Can't you register under a different name? What happened between you and David?

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

IP range blocked :hsugh:

I should probably try again though since it's been a while.

The issue was way back in 2005 or so, IIRC... basically he perma-banned a couple of members for no explainable reason (I wasn't the only one who questioned him at the time) and he banned me for questioning him after I sent him a PM about it.