WEB What design template would be best for this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by blue_fox, Feb 9, 2010.

1. blue_fox

blue_fox New Member

like a cookie cutter design template? Something I can go off of.

I'm thinking of a site where users can join and input variables at the beginning, then can rate items they purchase, and people can then search for other users based on the variables they selected at the beginning. Can you think of any website models that approximately do that?

2. brujito

brujito New Member

So I go to your site and submit a product, others come and review and then we look for others with similar interests? Kinda like Amazon?

3. blue_fox

blue_fox New Member

I was kinda thinking of Amazon a bit. They do have a few qualities I'm looking for. But instead of buying a product through my site, it would be that they buy it somewhere else and review it on my site.

4. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

gdgt.com, ratings.net, etc.. it's already done to death.

As per your other thread though where you already asked how to make this, you need to learn PHP/MySQL and/or a framework.

5. blue_fox

blue_fox New Member

thanks sen and everyone else, you've been very helpful :)

I do like the wordpress modules idea. So, instead of just me, is it possible with wordpress to have a site that has users create their own accounts/profiles within my site and create content of their own inside their profiles?

I guess I don't know about wordpress-I thought it was to create blog like sites? :dunno:

6. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Sounds like you want Drupal, more than wordpress. Still has all the usual rating modules etc.. but is easier to setup for user-submitted content.