WEB What defines you as a webmaster?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BrettRT, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BrettRT

BrettRT New Member

Been on OT for a couple years lurking, but this sub-forum is the first one to really peek my interest.

Anyway, reading from some threads on here it seems we have a range of people that are calling this forum home, and I think it'd be nice to kinda know where you place yourself in the "web/internet" genre here.

To get the thread rolling (or perhaps kill it), I'll describe myself a little. I've been working with HTML since I was 14 ( 9 years now ), and have watched it grow around the .com boom and decline, through the early all Flash days now to the point of web 2.0.

Nowadays I'm primarily responsible for concept drafting, front-end implementation, some small flash coding, and project management.

How about everyone else? It seems we have everyone from web entrepreneurs to programmers here, thought it'd be helpful to associate usernames with titles.

:) Brett

2. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

Holy lurker. I've had an interest in web coding for about 2 years now, only until 1 year ago ive really looked in to php, mysql, html, etc.

ive bought a few books but i only do this as a hobby. nothing professional yet.

3. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

I'm more of a SEO then a web master :o

Meh, I know CSS/HTML very well so I guess I can be a designer as well.

Also really comfortable with JSP/PHP and SQL so I guess I can be a coder as well :o

Right now, I'm a partner in a design studio basically scouting for clients.

4. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

I'm more of a jack of all trades, I do a little here and a little there.

5. I've been coding/designing for a good 6 years now. I've grown a lot through html and CSS, along with photoshop. I've had many sites, a few succeeded and are long gone, and a few never really took up. I made a small amount of money years ago, but never really matured in that.

I was away from designing for about a year, however now I'm getting back into the swing of things. I feel it's what I'm really wanting to do with my life, and hopefully I will be able to.

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Been into web development for about 11 years now. Started as a hobby, is now my profession.

7. project15

project15 New Member

I play around with designing websites and code with HTML using css, perl, javascripts. Haven't really gotten into anything else, but I'll eventually experiment with php.