What current products are you using?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

How about favorite combinations?

I use Meguiars Body Shop Pro line of products for paint correction and leveling (mostly Dual Action Cleaner/Polish and Swirl Free Polish), Clearkote's Vanilla Moose or Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba as my final glaze and top with S100 Paste Wax, Clearkote's Carnauba Moose Wax, Poorboy's EX Sealant with Carnauba and now Meguiars NXT Wax.

I normally use S100 on single stage non clearcoated paint, Carnauba Moose on dark colors for maximum depth and wetness, and EX Sealant on lighter colors or if my customer requests a sealant. NXT? I am still playing around with it, trying to see where it will fit in.

2. bunmango

bunmango OT Supporter

I use the same DACP/SFP (or #9) combo for paint correction/leveling, and have been using S100 Shine Enhancing Polish Cleaner (on darks) and 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (on lights) for glaze. I don't really like the IHG too much- SEPC seems to be much easier to remove. I just got my order of VM and CMW yesterday but haven't had the chance to try it out yet- I'm really looking forward to trying them out on my mom's single stage black LS400. As for toppers, I've been using S100 on darks, and Pinnacle Paste Glaz on lights.

For sealants, I used to use Zaino but have now seen the light with Klasse AIO and SG, which is a much easier process than Zaino. I haven't had the chance to try out Final Polish or any Poorboy's products.

I also haven't had the chance to try out any products from Menzerna (my friend really likes their Final Polish)- any opinions on how they compare to VM and SEPC/GEPC?

Most of the above are applied w/ a PC... I'm too weak to do it all by hand- DACP by hand alone tires me out, I don't know how Scott does all 4 steps w/o a PC :)

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I think we all agree on using DAC/P and SFP. :big grin:

I use Vanilla Moose as a light polish and Carnauba Moose as my final wax. I'm waiting to hear back on the durability of the NXT Tech Wax, though. :x: Gotta love something that good that's commercially available.

4. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

Nothing has come close to my DACP and SFP for correcting paint and leaving a slick, glossy shine :big grin:. Too many out there are full of oils or just are too much of a paint to use. Plus, for the price, DACP and SFP can't be beat.

As far as a glaze, I like my Gliptone Probuff. It has a light cleaning power, probably like a 1 or a 2 out of 10. I haven't used VM but I would compare it to it. It's a great 1 stepper.

Sealants, all I have right now is Klasse, which I love, but I am looking forward to experimenting with UPP and Poorboys Pure EX Sealant (once it comes out of course :) )

Wax, the top one I use now is S100. Great all around for all colors. Gonna be picking up some NXT very soon. Other than that, I may give CMW a try since Scott has had great success with it.

5. a red heart

a red heart Guest

fine cut
    heavy cut
    dacp
    GEPC
    s100

p21s shampoo

klasse sg

i like klasse with s100, i am not a big fan of dacp, i need something just a hair stronger :hs:

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

bunmango-on your Mom's black LS, I'd stick with S100. Liquid waxes tend to streak slightly on single stage paint jobs. You can try it, but normally, paste wax works best since it has less carrier solvents (what makes liquid waxes easier to use and spread) which can leave dark steaks on single stage paint. BTW, they do go away with the first wash and sometimes can only be at certain angles. Every liquid wax I've used displays this characteristic to some extend. No such problems with clearcoats though.

Anyway, I'd try CMW, but if it does streak a bit, try S100 instead.